DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic randomly loses signal at 25 meters distance

schxam

Reactions
Guys! This is unbearable. I have had my mavic pro over 3 months now and I am a commercial filmer so I use mavic for my job. The client had a 25 year anniversary with his wife and wanted to light a Chinese lantern and let it go into the sky. I was there to film it. It was a rich guy and he would pay me about 600 dollars for this. To prove that I am a commercial filter, I work for this company: nldfilms.com When he was lighting the lantern, my magic lost signal and did not film anything even though I was only 25 meters away. This has never been too much of a problem for me as before so its not a defect that was there from the start. I have never crashed my mavic and airplane mode was on on my iPhone 7plus

The client was really upset, I didn't get any money, lost time and reputation. So I would like to ask: What the hell, DJI??? Your products used to be such good quality now they are crap. I am really sorry but its true.

Any thoughts on this?

P.S: I was in cinematic mode

Reactions: jasonbrooks
What do you mean 'lost signal', did it lose RC connection and returned home? Or just the smartphone going black? In that case, a push on the record button of the RC still would have started recording. Flying and filming VLOS in the dark however would have been a challenge. Is that even legal in Austria? In my country it's illegal to fly outside universal daylight hours for amateurs as well as pro's. Unless he lighted it in broad daylight of course, but why light a lantern when it's still sunny?

What do you mean 'lost signal', did it lose RC connection and returned home? Or just the smartphone going black? In that case, a push on the record button of the RC still would have started recording. Flying and filming VLOS in the dark however would have been a challenge. Is that even legal in Austria? In my country it's illegal to fly outside universal daylight hours for amateurs as well as pro's. Unless he lighted it in broad daylight of course, but why light a lantern when it's still sunny?

First- it completely lost signal and returned home. second- yes, it is legal in Austria if you have a license like I do. third- the law states that you can fly 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes after the sun has set. so, yeah

First- it completely lost signal and returned home. second- yes, it is legal in Austria if you have a license like I do. third- the law states that you can fly 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes after the sun has set. so, yeah

Sorry mate, I should have realised the sunsets in your mountainous country are of course very different from the slow sunsets on our flat pancake (Netherlands). We have the same rule here but it means that even 30minutes after official sunset it is still kind of (too) light.

But strange it lost signal just like that. Perhaps if you show us the log, there are people here who can help to determine the cause.
I never had one single total signal loss problem when on a job, not with my Inspire 1, Mavic or Phantoms. Just the occasional screen drop out and wifi interference to some extend. Could that have been the case? Interference from some overly strong wifi router at the clients site? Maybe a cellphone tower close by? Did you notice any warning messages on the screen? In GO you can quickly check the warnings from the last flights, anything in there?

Must have been awkward to see your MP do a RTH just at the moment supreme. Did you try another flight after that? Did you do a test flight before he lighted the lantern? Those one shot moments where you know you might not get a second chance warrant a pre test to make sure all is working well.

Sorry mate, I should have realised the sunsets in your mountainous country are of course very different from the slow sunsets on our flat pancake (Netherlands). We have the same rule here but it means that even 30minutes after official sunset it is still kind of (too) light.

But strange it lost signal just like that. Perhaps if you show us the log, there are people here who can help to determine the cause.
I never had one single total signal loss problem when on a job, not with my Inspire 1, Mavic or Phantoms. Just the occasional screen drop out and wifi interference to some extend. Could that have been the case? Interference from some overly strong wifi router at the clients site? Maybe a cellphone tower close by? Did you notice any warning messages on the screen? In GO you can quickly check the warnings from the last flights, anything in there?

Must have been awkward to see your MP do a RTH just at the moment supreme. Did you try another flight after that? Did you do a test flight before he lighted the lantern? Those one shot moments where you know you might not get a second chance warrant a pre test to make sure all is working well.

The thing is. I have never had problems like this before either. As I said, the moment was lost and the client didn't want to carry on. I hope that this was just a random mistake and will not happen again. Maybe it's fate for this guy not to receive his video. That's the only explanation I can find. Peace out!

were you useing the stock cables that came with mavic?

here the first thing to do,,,,,,DITCH THAT ,lots issues , didn't get 5mins of flight time before I got weak image and lost connection.Puckered right up:eek:I ditched that real quick and good to go.Even if thats not the cause there seems to be a problem with the stock connectors.I wouldent even save them for backups

were you useing the stock cables that came with mavic?

While waiting my mavic delivered to me, i am reading lots of post and people not suggesting to use stock cables. But i am not sure if it is caused by the cable, MP should not initiate RTH if it was only a connection problem between rc and phone since rc would be still connected to the MP?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78