DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic range issues

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have range issues, I disconnected after 300 or more feet. I reset and downgrade the Mavic pro, I assume it's the controller. How do I reset my controller?

I can't even go up 400 feet with out losing connection

So this is a new problem, never had this happen before ?
Checked all settings for flight limitations ?
Eg not in beginner mode, not limited for maximum flight distance, new location or anywhere ?
It happens as soon as I got it. The original seller installed the itelite dbs range extender and I assume that is defective. But how do I fix the antenna?

Ok, so did you check settings ?
Beginner mode limits you to about 30m (100'), and you can set maximum altitude and distance in flight settings.

If those are ok, then you might have a problem with the antenna.
Or not.

Strange the previous owner installed range extenders, they aren't really needed on the M1P, occusync will take you WAAAAY past any sort of VLOS distance for legal flying.

This is your first DJI drone ?
I don't want to assume what you know / don't know about these, but you have read the manual about antenna position ?
Do you understand LOS for signal ?

(Ok, I just checked the range extender you have, should be if facing the drone you should have good connection.
Maybe some wires came away from any internal connections, or are a bit loose, or corroded, worth checking.)

Here is the manual that explains the settings side of things, it doesn't come with the DJI drones (for each model) but the PDF here can be saved / printed etc for future reference (the M1P has a lot of functions to understand).

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf

I see you're 16 years of age, so if it is something technical you are probably a good candidate to tackle further trouble shooting, and if it comes to it antenna replacement (another itelite extender or original antenna).
My son at 12 - 13 yo was hacking computers and all sorts of gear. NO FEAR, LOL.

Try the above checks first, you can do this without props, just drone and controller turned on and connected, say at home on the kitchen table, only take a few minutes.

Another option is to try and find another local pilot with an M1P controller, and try paring with that and seeing if it's ok.
In the end another 2nd hand controller purchase might be more economical if it turns out the be something to do with the antenna.

Google / YouTube things like specific problems / questions, antenna replacement mavic pro, etc, plenty of links to others with similar past problems, good videos online show you right through self repair.

If you get stuck and find it's the controller itself, this ad seller still has an M1P (needs repair) and controller for sale, taking offers to get them moved . . . the controller might be worth considering if you find out it's that causing the signal issue.

Mavic Pro Stuff For Sale

Personally, with the range extender fitted, I think it'll come down to something wrong with that.

Just check all those settings first anyway, be a shame to stress over it / spend $ unnecessarily.

It happens as soon as I got it. The original seller installed the itelite dbs range extender and I assume that is defective. But how do I fix the antenna?
I'd demand the original seller replace the drone with a new UNMODIFIED unit since his mods have voided your valuable warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu