DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic RC height display not going past 1000' feet

Those are guidelines, not laws.

So you are saying, by law I don't even have to call the airport that I'm flying inside the 5 mile limit. Because it's not a law, just a guideline.

But you can bet if I hit an aircraft or it hits my Mavic, I'm going to be in deep **** if I get caught. Probably even labeled a terrorist.

As a community I think we also need to remember, if we don't follow guidelines and fly responsibly, someone will write a law and we won't be able to fly anywhere.

But you can bet if I hit an aircraft or it hits my Mavic, I'm going to be in deep **** if I get caught. Probably even labeled a terrorist.

A pidiot can hit an aircraft even below 400 feet. Example: a police helicopter is flying below 400' above houses to locate a suspect. A pidiot launches Mavic to take a footage of the scene. BOOM.

A responsible mountain or desert flyer can be flying 4000 feet up and cause absolutely no trouble as there's no, zero, nada traffic for tens of miles around.

Reactions: JMF and PDXteriors
Maybe he lives in the mountains like I do. If i take off in my back yard, I have to go over 800 feet up to go any distance because I have a mountain or large hill to either side of me, I am actually less than 100 feet above the trees. But my altitude shows 800-900 feet.
Calm down with the whining.
agreed

Not arguing the mountain thing. Totally understand that you are going up the mountain and pretty much maintaining the same distance from the ground. But you also have to think if it suddenly kicks in return to home, is it going to fly strait back to me keeping the altitude at the return to home altitude or be 1000+ feet above me?

I can also have my Mavic Up flying around and an Aircare helicopter comes screaming over the horizon. If I'm 400 or below and maintain visual, I can clearly see my UAV and react. If I'm 1000 feet up and can't clearly see it or so far away I can barely see it, it might be harder to get it out of the way.

But you also have to think if it suddenly kicks in return to home, is it going to fly strait back to me keeping the altitude at the return to home altitude or be 1000+ feet above me?

Sorry, I've never flown in any place where flying at ANY altitude would be ever a problem (400km could be an issue though, since during the day I can't see the ISS :D). But then again, here in the desert/mountain US West, we have huge expanses of empty land and mountains. Lots of middle-of-nowhere's here. Limiting myself to 500m ATOP would be totally retarded because this is exactly what I paid $2K+ (FMC, Goggles, and what looks like thousands of various accessories for them) for and why I now eat ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :D

Reactions: JMF
I'm late to the party but I was wondering... Ugh this is a stupid question! Oh well, when you are climbing and reach the limit. What if you landed and took off again? Would it start over?

I'm late to the party but I was wondering... Ugh this is a stupid question! Oh well, when you are climbing and reach the limit. What if you landed and took off again? Would it start over?
id say no since new landing isnt the takeoff landing,unless mp set it as so.

1000ft max RC display is a software bug thats been present for as long as i can remember, certainly over a year. In metric i think it displays correctly.

When I fly higher than 1000 feet the RC never displays anything higher then 1000, the DJI Go app shows the correct height though ?

Is this normal or is there a setting ?
If you are in the usa and flying 1000 feet, you are braking the law as it is actually very illegal because at 1000 feet is where actual aircraft fly, helicopters, planes (PROP) and so on, stay below 400, there's no need to fly at 1000 feet, because if something happens, dji checks flight logs and if they see you went 1000 feet, it might not be good.

If you are in the usa and flying 1000 feet, you are braking the law as it is actually very illegal because at 1000 feet is where actual aircraft fly, helicopters, planes (PROP) and so on, stay below 400, there's no need to fly at 1000 feet, because if something happens, dji checks flight logs and if they see you went 1000 feet, it might not be good.

Not true.

Why did you bump a post from 2017 in 2019 just to reiterate a point that was wrong in 2017?

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
Why did you bump a post from 2017 in 2019 just to reiterate a point that was wrong in 2017?
What? I didn't post that comment, I guess my friend commented on it, my account here as well as my pc are both shared between me and a friend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet