Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Mavic RC Pro controller - screen protector & neck lanyard suggestions

Reactions
1) CONTROLLER SCREEN PROTECTOR
I've done a bit of research on screen protectors - what they're made of, and which are the most durable...

I'm looking for a screen protector for my Mavic RC Pro controller...

I would prefer one made of "Gorilla Glass" (the "Victus" version of "Gorilla Glass" was released by Corning on July 23, 2020 - and is the most current scratch resistant & drop resistant version of "Gorilla Glass" to date) - but the only screen protectors I've been able to find for the RC Pro are made of "tempered glass" which doesn't have NEARLY the protective qualities of "Gorilla Glass" (or "mineral glass" or "sapphire glass")

Does anyone have a suggestion for a screen protector that YOU ARE USING - and can vouch for?

And...

2) CONTROLLER NECK LANYARD
I noticed that the bottom of the RC Pro has FOUR threaded connectors on the bottom... One pair at the top right & left of the rubberized hand holds on the back of the controller - and ANOTHER pair at the bottom edge of the RC Pro...

I find it somewhat odd that DJI would build these threaded connectors into the back of the RCP Pro controller - but not offer anything in their store to be used with those connectors...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a neck lanyard that can be used with this controller that YOU ARE USING - and can vouch for?

Thanks in advance for ANY (and ALL) feedback!

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Any screen protector for the Smart Controller will be compatible with the RC PRO controller since is exactly the same screen and size.

The Lanyard screws thread are exactly the same as well but the distance between holes is different.

I personally have installed this screen protector "glass". I will be more concerned about scratches than a fall.

This screen protector works really well, you can not tell is installed and is very responsive.

The lanyard neck I have this one that I really like. Amazon.com

Reactions
Any screen protector for the Smart Controller will be compatible with the RC PRO controller since is exactly the same screen and size.

The Lanyard screws thread are exactly the same as well but the distance between holes is different.

I personally have installed this screen protector "glass". I will be more concerned about scratches than a fall.

This screen protector works really well, you can not tell is installed and is very responsive.

The lanyard neck I have this one that I really like. Amazon.com
Thanks, ZeusFL! Great suggestions...

(I know what my next financial expenditure will be!)

And - I just subscribed to your YouTube channel.

Reactions: Baja170 and zeusfl

RocketBrew

Reactions

Baja170

Flying since I was 16
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I ordered the ones from Amazon. Can't wait to install them on my SC and RCP. Thanks for the heads-up everybody! This site is a good resource.

langcpht

Reactions
2) CONTROLLER NECK LANYARD
I noticed that the bottom of the RC Pro has FOUR threaded connectors on the bottom... One pair at the top right & left of the rubberized hand holds on the back of the controller - and ANOTHER pair at the bottom edge of the RC Pro...

I find it somewhat odd that DJI would build these threaded connectors into the back of the RCP Pro controller - but not offer anything in their store to be used with those connectors...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a neck lanyard that can be used with this controller that YOU ARE USING - and can vouch for?

Some shameless self-promotion here, if that's OK. I make these brackets for just this purpose. They're 3D-printed with a carbon-fiber filled thermoplastic. I use it with Peak Design straps and their 'anchor' system. Others use them with standard camera strap split-rings. I've been selling quite a few of these lately and people seem to like them (including myself :)). $10 from eBay at the link below.
s-l1600.jpg
RC Pro Lanyard Bracket

Reactions: merak75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kerri