DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic RC Pro controller - screen protector & neck lanyard suggestions

Reactions
1) CONTROLLER SCREEN PROTECTOR
I've done a bit of research on screen protectors - what they're made of, and which are the most durable...

I'm looking for a screen protector for my Mavic RC Pro controller...

I would prefer one made of "Gorilla Glass" (the "Victus" version of "Gorilla Glass" was released by Corning on July 23, 2020 - and is the most current scratch resistant & drop resistant version of "Gorilla Glass" to date) - but the only screen protectors I've been able to find for the RC Pro are made of "tempered glass" which doesn't have NEARLY the protective qualities of "Gorilla Glass" (or "mineral glass" or "sapphire glass")

Does anyone have a suggestion for a screen protector that YOU ARE USING - and can vouch for?

And...

2) CONTROLLER NECK LANYARD
I noticed that the bottom of the RC Pro has FOUR threaded connectors on the bottom... One pair at the top right & left of the rubberized hand holds on the back of the controller - and ANOTHER pair at the bottom edge of the RC Pro...

I find it somewhat odd that DJI would build these threaded connectors into the back of the RCP Pro controller - but not offer anything in their store to be used with those connectors...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a neck lanyard that can be used with this controller that YOU ARE USING - and can vouch for?

Thanks in advance for ANY (and ALL) feedback!

Any screen protector for the Smart Controller will be compatible with the RC PRO controller since is exactly the same screen and size.

The Lanyard screws thread are exactly the same as well but the distance between holes is different.

I personally have installed this screen protector "glass". I will be more concerned about scratches than a fall.

This screen protector works really well, you can not tell is installed and is very responsive.

The lanyard neck I have this one that I really like. Amazon.com

Any screen protector for the Smart Controller will be compatible with the RC PRO controller since is exactly the same screen and size.

The Lanyard screws thread are exactly the same as well but the distance between holes is different.

I personally have installed this screen protector "glass". I will be more concerned about scratches than a fall.

This screen protector works really well, you can not tell is installed and is very responsive.

Thanks, ZeusFL! Great suggestions...

(I know what my next financial expenditure will be!)

And - I just subscribed to your YouTube channel.

Reactions: Baja170 and zeusfl
I ordered the ones from Amazon. Can't wait to install them on my SC and RCP. Thanks for the heads-up everybody! This site is a good resource.

2) CONTROLLER NECK LANYARD
I noticed that the bottom of the RC Pro has FOUR threaded connectors on the bottom... One pair at the top right & left of the rubberized hand holds on the back of the controller - and ANOTHER pair at the bottom edge of the RC Pro...

I find it somewhat odd that DJI would build these threaded connectors into the back of the RCP Pro controller - but not offer anything in their store to be used with those connectors...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a neck lanyard that can be used with this controller that YOU ARE USING - and can vouch for?

Some shameless self-promotion here, if that's OK. I make these brackets for just this purpose. They're 3D-printed with a carbon-fiber filled thermoplastic. I use it with Peak Design straps and their 'anchor' system. Others use them with standard camera strap split-rings. I've been selling quite a few of these lately and people seem to like them (including myself :)). $10 from eBay at the link below.
s-l1600.jpg
RC Pro Lanyard Bracket

Reactions: Cosmo0g and Glenn54

Screen protectors ordered. Thanks. My new RC Pro should be here by Monday.

Hi, thanks for the links. I have a question for you about the screen protector, some of the reviews mention they have a lot of glare/reflection.

Having just received my Air 2S FMC w/RC Pro, I have not checked out the screen and do not know how reflective it is, can you tell me or us how yours is? Is it any more reflective or glare than the controller?

Thanks

Some shameless self-promotion here, if that's OK. I make these brackets for just this purpose. They're 3D-printed with a carbon-fiber filled thermoplastic. I use it with Peak Design straps and their 'anchor' system. Others use them with standard camera strap split-rings. I've been selling quite a few of these lately and people seem to like them (including myself :)). $10 from eBay at the link below.
View attachment 142371
RC Pro Lanyard Bracket
That looks like just what I need so that it'll still fit in my hardcase without having to remove anything. What strap is that in the ebay photos? I like the way it connects to your bracket.

That looks like just what I need so that it'll still fit in my hardcase without having to remove anything. What strap is that in the ebay photos? I like the way it connects to your bracket.

Sorry for the late reply. In the photos I'm using a Peak Design Slide Lite. It's not cheap, but it's great quality and really well thought out. All of Peak Design's stuff is top-notch, really.

I've been selling quite a few of these brackets lately. People really seem to be liking them and I'm getting good feedback. I think you'll like it, especially if paired with a good strap.

Reactions: PAW and Cosmo0g
Sorry for the late reply. In the photos I'm using a Peak Design Slide Lite. It's not cheap, but it's great quality and really well thought out. All of Peak Design's stuff is top-notch, really.

I've been selling quite a few of these brackets lately. People really seem to be liking them and I'm getting good feedback. I think you'll like it, especially if paired with a good strap.
Thanks. I ordered your bracket earlier today. And, I also ordered this strap from OP/TECH. I've been using their straps for years with my cameras. The neoprene is very comfortable (slightly spongey) and makes whatever you're strapped to feel lighter. Amazon.com

I use the GPC M3 case, so being able to stow it away was important. GPC obviously marks up their products, so I try to avoid using their accessories. I use this now, the solid aluminum mount is perfect:

Mount w/ Lanyard

The included lanyard is not my favorite, very awkward to clip on. Material is a bit itchy. This lanyard is much better, with a soft foam attachment that's comfortable so far. The metal clip is easier to use, but I didn't want the quick clip at all. It's redundant. Turns out that I actually use the clip, and I keep the metal clip attached to the RC Pro, which is tucked to the side and I can keep it all in the case.

I also purchased the screen protector mentioned twice already (Skyreat), it is decent. I'm looking for a matte screen protector now, or a hood, because glare is an issue in full sun. Of course, I usually fly in the shade anyway being southern AZ and what not...

EDIT: I realize the GPC mount is similar and only a couple bucks more, with a better lanyard, but the foam neck pad and hex mount screws win :)

Last edited:

Got my RC Pro Lanyard Bracket from langcpht today. Works great with the Op/Tech mirrorless strap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IMU48AS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details I don't have to take anything off and it fits in my hard case no problem.

Reactions: Cosmo0g
Nice! Thumbswayup Glad you like it. I'm also open to design and function criticisms if users have some valuable input. I'm far from an expert 3D-modeler but I try to evolve my designs when necessary.
I think it's great the way it is. All the other options I saw wouldn't easily fit in a hard case without removing something every time you put it in. If I was absolutely pressed on something I would change, I'd say make it a little thinner, and the loops a little smaller. Again, not necessary, and maybe not a good idea for strength purposes, but a thought.

Reactions: Cosmo0g
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada