DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic repair time?

Sjez

Reactions
I am wondering what your experience is of repair time for your Mavic.
My son has sent his in to rectify a faulty right sensor. It's coming up to 5 weeks now.

What service center did you send it to and what country/state are you in? I have sent dozens in to DJI and never got one back in less than a month. Longest was 6 weeks. Im on the east coast of the USA.

One member here sent his in to DJI and never got it back. DJI returned it to the wrong person by the same name in a different country. They finally overnighted him a new one after someone "made them an offer they couldnt refuse." lol jk

Reactions: Sjez
My son has sent his in to rectify a faulty right sensor. It's coming up to 5 weeks now.
I sent mine in to the Cerritos CA facility on May 30 with two broken motor struts. $245 later, it was shipped back to me today and should arrive on Thursday Jun 15.

Reactions: Sjez
Okay I'm looking at all these posts and for some reason I'm seeing almost a level of sympathy towards DJI on this. I don't understand how we as DJI customer tolerate the level of ******** that we have to deal with. We buy the DJI refresh plan and it's supposed to keep us flying and have Priority Care but yeah I have seen none of that because other customers that did not even have the plan or getting there Mavericks repaired for lesser then what it's costing me or us that had the plan

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks guys.. I should have mentioned that the Mavic was sent from Adelaide Australia.
Overnight to retailer in Queensland took one day. Now it seems a long wait. One excuse about delay was that it coincided with the Spark being released. Personally I believe that excuse as I do in fairies at the bottom of my garden.
Considering that the problem was a non user fault I would have expected a replacement.
Seems like the closest DJI repairer is in Melbourne.

I sent my Mavic to Thunderdrones last Thursday..he fixed it, and it's back in the mail....I should have it delivered tomorrow....yes..it costs a little to have it fixed..but I don't have to wait..and his repair services gets rave reviews from pilots on this channel...I don't know him, and will post my review after I get Merlin23 back in the air tomorrow....but I only bought the refresh in case Merlin23 decides to go for a swim when I don't want him to...just thought I'd share about the great service I received from Thunderdrones..and it might be worth it to consider for the future....perhaps you have a reputable repair guy in Adelaide?

Reactions: Bandit287 and Sjez
Just had mine repaired at the California facility. Took one week to diagnose and repair (not including shipping). I had DJI refresh luckily.

Here's an update on my repair transaction. The original invoice from Cerritos included a $65 freight charge. I tried the chat function and email in an effort to get them to update the invoice because I was OK with surface shipping. No luck. I was anxious to get the repair started, so I went ahead and authorized the full invoiced amount through PayPal. When I got the notice that the repair was completed, I got onto the chat line one more time in an effort to get DJI to credit my PayPal for the extra $65 I had been charged. It took over two hours, refreshing the chat every five minutes to get a solution. The DJI rep finally got the invoicing folks to admit the freight charge was an error. He told me they could not credit my PayPal account (which is BS, I think) but agreed to send me an extra battery so I was cool with end state.
My drone showed up in the mail today as advertised. Like a couple other folks who have sent their MPs in for repair, it turns out the Cerritos folks just sent me a new MP with (thank goodness) my original SD card. My original MP was registered with the FAA. Does anyone have experience with transferring a registration to a different serial numbered airframe?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_