DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic return home constantly interrupted by sensors, any one has had this glicth?

philiporod

Reactions
mavic return home constantly interrupted by sensors although path is clear!!!, any one has had this glitch?

Pretty much all of us have had the Obstacle Avoidance get fooled by the sun.

Fooled by the sun is not the answer. I think there is a real firmware issue. I have this same problem on sunny days or cloudy days or no matter what the sky is like, flying any direction over dry lakes or clear fields or anything. The obstacle avoidance system works correctly when I'm manually flying my Mavic Pro giving me warnings when I get near real objects. I can fly out level 50 feet high over a flat open field and the obstacle avoidance system correctly detects nothing. I press return to home, it turns around, then every time it attempts to move forward it complains about an obstacle and climbs up higher, sun or no sun. It continues to do this going up hundreds of feet until I stop the RTH. The forward sensors are clean. This is not a sun issue. If it were it would complain about the sun when flying normal as well. There is something about RTH that changes the behavior of the obstacle avoidance system. This bad RTH behavior has been persistent since day one through all firmware updates.

I have to set the RTH height at 60M and disable forward object avoidance when I fly so I can have a chance to get my drone back if RTH kicks in. This is not right. I would certainly appreciate a real solution to this issue.

Thanks.

Fooled by the sun is not the answer. I think there is a real firmware issue. I have this same problem on sunny days or cloudy days or no matter what the sky is like, flying any direction over dry lakes or clear fields or anything. The obstacle avoidance system works correctly when I'm manually flying my Mavic Pro giving me warnings when I get near real objects. I can fly out level 50 feet high over a flat open field and the obstacle avoidance system correctly detects nothing. I press return to home, it turns around, then every time it attempts to move forward it complains about an obstacle and climbs up higher, sun or no sun. It continues to do this going up hundreds of feet until I stop the RTH. The forward sensors are clean. This is not a sun issue. If it were it would complain about the sun when flying normal as well. There is something about RTH that changes the behavior of the obstacle avoidance system. This bad RTH behavior has been persistent since day one through all firmware updates.

I have to set the RTH height at 60M and disable forward object avoidance when I fly so I can have a chance to get my drone back if RTH kicks in. This is not right. I would certainly appreciate a real solution to this issue.

Thanks.

Just a suggestion. Watch this video and set your drone up just like his. Long video, but the 20 minutes is worth it.

I use VLC video player to watch it because he talks too fast and I can't keep up. I can slow down the playback speed with VLC.

Maybe you can find a setting or 2 that might somehow affect your RTH.
BTW, I am not affiliated with him or VLC.
Good luck. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Fixed my issue!!

Thank you Sprocket for the video suggestion. I had seen that video before and watched it again today but it didn't help my continuous obstacle avoidance on Return To Home issue. I chatted with DJI tech support and they suggested I try re-calibrating my vision sensors with the DJI Assistant 2 app. I did the re-calibration and tested Return To Home and its works correctly now. No more continuous obstacle avoidance issues.

Yay!

Reactions: RichieGG

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji