DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic shooting issues (Shadows, electronic noise, vignetting, focus, moire)

Emmediemme

Reactions
Hello everybody,
Since I have the Mavic Pro (about a week) I encountered a problem with video that probably I can solve trough right settings.

1) I often see strange shadows tending to blue colors. In this frame I was shooting in backlight (4.00 pm) at 4K (MOV), without any lens hood or filters, ISO 100, Shutter 800, EV -1 e 2/3, F2.2 .

Schermata 2017-05-15 alle 14.56.32.png

It seems related to backlights. Do you have the same problem? Ho can I fix it? (specially in shooting, I prefer to post-produce as less as possible)

2) I saw vignetting. Sometimes it's a good to see effect, but not ever. (ISO 100, Shutter 800, EV 0, F/2.2 4K MOV without lens or filters)

Schermata 2017-05-15 alle 15.54.49.png

3) Is your focus good? Even if the focus is on automatic I often have to tap on my screen to set the right point when I change the shot (i.e. when I raise the Mavic Up)

4) Moire effects: do you have? Is that normal? I can see on the house roof.

5) I experience a kind of electronic noise. I don't think it's related to ISO, it's something like a codec issue but I'm not a pro, probably I'm saying bulls**t. You can see it in the shadows (sometimes is more visible).

Any solution. Are that normal issues or is it a mavic problem I have to report to DJI?

Number 1 and 2 are the hot spot that the Mavic can have. This is due to the camera and lens mounting. Some are more pronounced than others, but apparently all suffer from this at least slightly. The middle of a photo will be brighter and warmer than the rest, making it feel like there is a lot of vignetting or cooling of the outside.

For number 3, yes the Mavic can struggle with focus, especially so in low light. I don't really have a fix for this other than if you are good you can use the manual focus slider to try and get it correct on your own.

I don't shoot video so can't really help with the others sorry.

Thank you Blak.
Do you think I have to ask for a Mavic replace for the Number 1 Issue? Cause all the video I can see online are better, even in backlight condition.

i suffer from this terrible issue too, all those vignetting and color shift are very very hard to fix in post, and they are very noticeable making the footage not usable.
im already talking with dji about this for couple weeks, they said i need restart setting and try downgrade and update firmware and make more resets and calibration, but noting really changed.
i think this is just the lens that are defective, i also see alot of people with raw footage and its looking amazing with out any single vignetting or color shift. this is making whole different world and work for the footage.
i hope i can figure with DJI for replacement for the camera.

about sharpen i know its sad but they only thing that helps and it really helps alot its called " Neat Video " Plug in its an smart de noiser, its doing amazing job
gets rid of the noise without losing sharpness might even add , and it helps get rid of the jumping pixels due the poor bitrate .

Hi there!

May I ask you how the vignetting issue ended?
I’m having the same problem, not from the very first flight and not in all my footage, but it seems increasing... So now, more or less, the 30/40% of my footage has big vignetting issue.
Did you fix it in some way?

Thank you!!

It depends on the high lights, I guess. You can try with polarizer filter.
Can you post some footage to see the problem?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS