DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic should be a 4s Quad.

Thanks for the input, Sally. I don’t give a crap where it was filmed (it says it nowhere) and believe it or not India does have rules! Bye, Felicia.

Ok Biff, It does show where he is, it is in large numbers on his video.. There is a longitude and latitude those are called GPS Coordinates. GPS stands for Global Positioning System, I know that they don't teach that in 3rd grade but little buddy you can put those in just about any device and know where something is. Insulting a guy from India because he has a idea is what a child on a playground does. India does have rules but you clearly weren't talking about Indian rules because you said you didn't know where he was.

In the event that you share what you learned today with class tomorrow, here is a short paragraph about GPS.

The United States government created the system, maintains it, and makes it freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver. The GPS project was launched by the U.S. Department of Defense in 1973 for use by the United States military and became fully operational in 1995. It was allowed for civilian use in the 1980s.

one cannot simply put on a 4 s cell and expect it to work
not sure if the motors can actually handle 16.8V 4s cells
usually the insulating materials used for the motor winding limit the number of cells. the esc are probably designed for 3s only, anything more will let the smoke out of the electronics.

my guess is the C rating on the lipos could be massively improved, although we pay a premium on these batteries they seem to be cheap grade lipos. a more modern lipo can easily hold the voltage up with the correctly rated C lipo. and not get as hot as 60degress C when its in sports mode.
once my OEM batteries are shot ill replace them with turnigy batteries, which are about $30 each and wont overheat!!

Back in the pre-nanny days of DJI, on the F450 Flamewheel quad with the NAZA controller, you could switch from a 3 cell to a 4 cell at will with no issues whatsoever.
The F450 flew SOOOO much better on 4S than on 3S. Remember that a 4S voltage at 30% is still HIGHER than a 3S at 80%Thumbswayup.

Too bad they didn't carry this concept over to the MP/MPP (along with Atti and no NFZ's) :(

Ok Biff, It does show where he is, it is in large numbers on his video.. There is a longitude and latitude those are called GPS Coordinates. GPS stands for Global Positioning System, I know that they don't teach that in 3rd grade but little buddy you can put those in just about any device and know where something is. Insulting a guy from India because he has a idea is what a child on a playground does. India does have rules but you clearly weren't talking about Indian rules because you said you didn't know where he was.

In the event that you share what you learned today with class tomorrow, here is a short paragraph about GPS.

The United States government created the system, maintains it, and makes it freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver. The GPS project was launched by the U.S. Department of Defense in 1973 for use by the United States military and became fully operational in 1995. It was allowed for civilian use in the 1980s.
I see your point, but before lecture Jeff7577, you might want to make sure you don't make a similar mistake of policing the police without being fully informed. 7577 said the op was a member of the AMA and broke it's rules. Factually, if he is a member, he did break it's rules. The AMA safety code has do's and don'ts. It isn't law. (except perhaps indirectly via Sec 336 in the US only), but they are rules for AMA members to follow. They don't say do this and don't do that while in the US. They say do this and don't do that to operate within their rules. He did certainly violate the rules of what appears to be his organization. Calling him dumb as 7577 did, or inferring that 7577 is full of it,,,,,,,,,,,maybe you need to throttle back.

I gotta say you sort of jumped the gun a bit here Jef7577.
If you'd notice on his video, even though he may be an AMA member, he was filming in NEW DELI, INDIA.
Unless I'm mistaken, the AMA guidelines don't apply to that corner of the world.
I'm sure he follows the rules if the flies here in the good old US of A :rolleyes:

Actually I believe they do apply in India. Not as law, but as rules of the AMA. If you are a member of the AMA, you are obliged to fly by their rules. You will see nothing in their safety guidelines that limit them to the US. Their guidelines simply say that as a member of the organization, these are the rules. I will do this and I won't do that. Not I will and I won't while flying in the U.S. I'm sure the AMA wouldn't be concerned in this matter, but before you jump on Jef, you might want to consider the possibility that what was said was technically correct.

I see your point, but before lecture Jeff7577, you might want to make sure you don't make a similar mistake of policing the police without being fully informed. 7577 said the op was a member of the AMA and broke it's rules. Factually, if he is a member, he did break it's rules. The AMA safety code has do's and don'ts. It isn't law. (except perhaps indirectly via Sec 336 in the US only), but they are rules for AMA members to follow. They don't say do this and don't do that while in the US. They say do this and don't do that to operate within their rules. He did certainly violate the rules of what appears to be his organization. Calling him dumb as 7577 did, or inferring that 7577 is full of it,,,,,,,,,,,maybe you need to throttle back.

Hey, if I am wrong, I am wrong, I did not read the post correctly and thought he was talking about FAA rules. I am not too proud to say it but the point was that there is no reason to come into a persons post and call him dumb for an idea and for breaking the rules when Jeff broke the rules of the forum by calling him dumb.

Hey, if I am wrong, I am wrong, I did not read the post correctly and thought he was talking about FAA rules. I am not too proud to say it but the point was that there is no reason to come into a persons post and call him dumb for an idea and for breaking the rules when Jeff broke the rules of the forum by calling him dumb.
Agreed. There is way too much name calling and not enough communication on this board. We could have a much more valuable informative space here, if people would relax a bit. Myself included.
Fly safe.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa