DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic South Africa

Morning, have any of you recently flown / traveled with your drone? Over December I went to Auz for a month, and normally you are required to keep your drone / batteries in your cabin bag. But on this trip Emirates made me unpack my drone, place it alone in my checked luggage and then keep the batteries and control in my cabin bag which I thought was random?

Morning, have any of you recently flown / traveled with your drone? Over December I went to Auz for a month, and normally you are required to keep your drone / batteries in your cabin bag. But on this trip Emirates made me unpack my drone, place it alone in my checked luggage and then keep the batteries and control in my cabin bag which I thought was random?
Emirates is one of the few airlines that I've come across that make you check the drone itself.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 14.10.50.png
It's always a good idea to check with the airline before you head to the airport. :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Yea shot, i had flown a couple times on Emirates and never had this before...
I wonder what their "safety reasons" are? Unless they worried about the propellors being used as a weapon

Just be careful in the wind with that MM. I always fly out into the wind where possible. That way it's easy to fly back when needed. You don't always know what wind is like at high altitudes. And only use RTH in an emergency.

I'm from Sea Park on the South Coast. (Near Port Shepstone.) Just got my first drone (Mavic Mini) a week ago. Big learning curve for me!
I'm often flying near shelly beach ski boat club or St mikes, chasing boats or surfers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie