DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic South Africa

HOWZIT SAFARS!!!! .. Based in PE.. had my drone a while... Build many drones...( when they where called QUAD COPPTERS ) Do a lot of work for farmers... All sorts from crops, looking for animals ot just for them to promote there venue... dabble a bit in video editing when I have the time... Fly within your abilities and Rules...
I know of a few cowboys here in PE that is pushing the envelope ... and they can/will cause the drone to be heavily monitored... PS wonder who can help with policing these guys... don't want them to get into reel big S H one T.. but they need to be told that they can be if they don't listen... there is more than 1 guy flying very close to airport and far to close to where the airies come in ...

Hi

We’re traveling to South Africa next week on holiday. We’ll be camping for a week or so in Kruger, visiting game reserves in Swaziland, staying at the private Falaza reserve on our way down to St Lucia and Cape Vidal, before heading back towards Jo’burg to meet up with some South African friends for a couple of days

We’ve read all about the legal requirements, and appreciate we can’t fly in game reserves, but any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

No drones allowed in Isimangaliso Wetland Park - from Maphelane to Kosi , that includes St Lucia and Cape Vidal

Any South African Pilots keen to revitalise things on this or another South African Forum and share info on our Local Laws and Regs etc. Im new to the scene and would like to find out and be on top of things so i cant get blasted by others less informed? Perhaps Admin can advise how to set up a local or regional thing?

Im sure you could keep adding to this thread, or start a new thread called something like "SA Laws" since it fits into the Regional / International section...
I dont think there are enough of us to keep a whole seperate forum going.

While we are on the whole drone laws and where is it legal to fly, as far as I know from Shaka's rock to the Harbour is practically a no fly zone, so how does this guy get permission, or do you reckon he's just chancing it?
DroneDad81

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
Im sure you could keep adding to this thread, or start a new thread called something like "SA Laws" since it fits into the Regional / International section...
I dont think there are enough of us to keep a whole separate forum going

True, our numbers will be smaller but finding this Regional Forum would be the same. South African topical in one place. As if we can find and post the laws and regs as we find it and help each other. I've found some older (2017) stuff but again not verified as "the law" so not sure how to fly. Basing on common sense and the US and UK criteria in meantime but would much rather have knowledge of our South African scene. Appreciate any help or anyone else more experienced than me (everyone on here) that can post links or info pertianing to our country. Love watching the YouTube stuff from all over.... but what can we do and fly here with not falling foul of the law makers is the question

I usually just check on the AirMap app for approximate safe zones, and since i am only a recreational flier i stick to the normal line of site and below 400ft rules as a good guideline.
A guy i work with had a video go "viral" and got a little call from ACSA about flying in the King Shaka FALE.
I was just in Australia over Christmas and flew quite a bit over there. They have a great app called "Can I Fly There?" and its pretty accurate and gives local laws for the area. Also a couple touristy places either had No Drone or Drone Friendly signs up near the site. I was hoping to fly at the Byron Bay lighthouse but it was well signposted that you couldn't

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
I've downloaded that app, and do refer to it. Busy looking all over to see whose using what app or such to learn so thank you for sharing. Also on recreational pilot although wouldn't mind doing some form of info tests and knowledge stuff to understand a bit more. Good to touch base with other local Pilots!

I've downloaded that app, and do refer to it. Busy looking all over to see whose using what app or such to learn so thank you for sharing. Also on recreational pilot although wouldn't mind doing some form of info tests and knowledge stuff to understand a bit more. Good to touch base with other local Pilots!

I’m guessing from your username that you are also here in Durban, so if you keen to meet up and fly, let me know! There are loads of spots I’m keen to fly, but are not safe by yourself!

I’m guessing from your username that you are also here in Durban, so if you keen to meet up and fly, let me know! There are loads of spots I’m keen to fly, but are not safe by yourself!

Sounds good. Just finalising my drone fund (started aiming at Mavic air then WiFi issues blew that out for me, hence the extra saving up for the M2P) so not airborne on Mavic yet. Been flying mates P4 at times or the other “toy” non GPS drones. Be good to hook up around. Will def be in touch. What part of Durbs you in? I’m upper highway but have car will travel.

Good day,

Shane here from Port Elizabeth.
Had my Mavic Mini less than a month now. Very impressive for the price.
Having loads of fun with it.

Any other guys here from Port Elizabeth?
Any ideas of goods places to fly in PE?

Thank you

Regards

Good day,

Shane here from Port Elizabeth.
Had my Mavic Mini less than a month now. Very impressive for the price.
Having loads of fun with it.

Any other guys here from Port Elizabeth?
Any ideas of goods places to fly in PE?

Thank you

Regards
Out by Maitlands is fun and you're far enough from the airports that you don't have to worry about them.

Maitlands 1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots