DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic started to flyaway but recovered

Wind speed at height will be different to wind speed on the ground, so Meta4's comment is valid.
Hi I’m no exspert but ive just been on a Police Saferdrones course and it was mentioned that on average ground speed doubles at 100feet .

Good try, but no, it is just the very special city. City founder built his castle some 300 years ago as the absolute center, and then he planned 32 "sun rays" going from the center radially.. And the circular features are just streets (outer circle) and paths (inner circle). There is a football stadion in the right-top edge of your map, it is no-fly zone I think.

Here is the picture that I took that day (after the drone recovered), looking to the castle in the center:

I do like Karlsruhe. I've been to a number of conferences there.

Reactions: dcubrakovic
Hi I’m no exspert but ive just been on a Police Saferdrones course and it was mentioned that on average ground speed doubles at 100feet .

These are the computed wind speeds and directions for this particular flight:

Possibly a particle accelerator facility? I noticed this is at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology

Sheesh! I'd love to see DJI Refresh cover this one!

"Dear DJI:
I was flying over a particle accelerator facility, but I don't think the magnetic fields peaked higher than 4.5 Tesla at 4.2 K and must have been buried a good 10' beneath the takeoff point". I think this should be covered."

I hate these scary situations you end up in with drones. I took off from the path beside the river Liffey in Dublin, sent it out to hover over the river out of people's way until I was ready to start filming.
I turned away from it to check if pedestrians were walking past and if I was clear, before I could turn back I could hear a done coming towards me (I thought it was someone else's because mine was hovering) my drone decided not to hover anymore and now flew strsight passed me heading towards traffic on the road which it somehow managed to avoid and it turned and crashed back on the path, it flew as normal 5 minutes look after I calmed down but boy was I scared for my life. Obstacle avoidance worked a dream but it was a situation I never want to find myself in again, no clue what happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki