DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic stopped at waypoint (Litchi)

wxperson

Reactions
I am new to the Litchi app and did a few close in test with no issues.

I decided to expand my route out about 1/4 of a mile (still within range of controller) and had a flight plan with 11 waypoints. All close enough to have a full signal.

On waypoint #2... the Mavic just stopped and hovered. I gave it about 30 seconds before I cancelled the trip and took control to bring it back. I am not sure how long it would have stayed there.

I looked at that waypoint and there was nothing special about it. No actions.. cruise speed as default with was 15 mph... I also made sure I did not pause the flight plan.

Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this? I deleted that way point and reran it with no issues.

I am concerned that if I create a flight plan that may result in loss of signal that I could lose the Mavic since it would not complete the plan and return.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

George

I looked at that waypoint and there was nothing special about it. No actions.. cruise speed as default with was 15 mph... I also made sure I did not pause the flight plan.

Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this? I deleted that way point and reran it with no issues.

If you deleted it and it ran with no problem, then that suggests that something you had for that waypoint was not set properly. I see that you listed several key points, but it is always possible that one setting was off somehow. Just be assured that it hasn't happened to me even after running dozens of Litchi waypoint missions (I've had some turning glitches and small gimbal stutters but nothing major).

One other small possibility is that your MP observed an obstacle in the way (either real or virtual, like looking into the sun) and refused to go forward due to that. You could do a deep dive in your DAT file and see what command was given but honestly I doubt it would be worth the effort.

I am concerned that if I create a flight plan that may result in loss of signal that I could lose the Mavic since it would not complete the plan and return.

Even if it ever got "stuck" again part-way through a mission and your MP was out of your controller range, as long as you had the RTH settings properly set in the DJI Go app (meaning saved in your Mavic), it will RTH when the battery gets low. So there's nothing really to worry about. If you're paranoid (like me), you can attach a tracker (I use Marco Polo) and ensure it's on when running a mission out of your RC range. In fact, I always have mine on and running, even if I'm going 50 feet, in case I get a malfunction or user error and I end up with a flyaway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview