DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic stuck in tree

I

Good News, managed to swing a length of wood on a rope which wedged between a fork high up in the tree. Two hours of swaying the tree and it popped out. Seemed to land on some rocks that were covered in thick moss and only damaged one of the motor arms. May be more wrong but will try and get it repaired. No need to shoot it out of the tree, guns don’t solve everything!

You just saved yourself some money, even though you had insurance anyway..

This thread came up as the first result on Google, late on Friday night when I managed to fly my Air in to the top of a pretty large tree and get it stuck.

After putting my hands on an electric fence and gaining multiple scrapes and scratches getting in to the field, I decided that climbing the tree to retrieve it wouldn't be a good idea!

The drone wouldn't take off - the app gave an error saying the drone wasn't level and at too great an angle to take off. I did however manage to dislodge it by starting up the rotors by pulling down on both sticks and holding for a couple of seconds on the controller at the same time. Obviously you need to do this before the battery runs out but the movement of the rotors then dislodged the drone and it tumbled through the tree and down to my feet.

Luckily, no serious damage was done other than a few cosmetic scratches.

Hope this helps someone else who gets stuck in the same situation!

Had my 4K stuck right in the V in a big tree not long ago.
Used the map to find it and found the camera first. Was busted good. Looked up and there it was.Was about 80’ up. Had hit going wide open coming in and just misjudged my distance. Tryed the rod and reel and everything else I could think of. Took this picture with my Mavic. Got mad on about the third day so 870 came out from behind seat and a 12 quage slug hit backend and there she was.
New shell , camera and few other items and good as new. :)
See when ya patience runs out shoot it. Thumbswayup
View attachment 34259
Haha !!!! That's great !!

Reactions: dirkclod
You can also hire one of those tree trimming companies to come pull it out (shouldn’t be too expensive), or the kid down the street who loves to climb.
I'm a lineman for the power company and get to take my bucket truck home. That would work fine as long as you had access and permission if on private land.

Also a good chain saw and cut at the base. It's a tree, it'll grow back :D

Reactions: MavicCF
Cutting down a tree without a permit will get you a $1,000 fine in my town. The bigger the tree, the harder it is to get a permit to cut it.

Cutting down a tree without a permit will get you a $1,000 fine in my town. The bigger the tree, the harder it is to get a permit to cut it.

Apparently my sarcasm evaded you.

Reactions: waverider57
Absolutely gutted. Lost sight of my Mavic for a split second as sun shining in my eyes and it landed 25 feet up a tree. Tried all ways to dislodge it to no avail and sat watching the lights until the batteries died. Hope my insurance covers it.
Hmm... cloudy day, little wind... nope, I'm just still too inexperienced to know my left from my right when I'm facing opposite the drone! "Go Left!" Mavic Mini happily obeys, sliding right.... right into tree branches about 45' up.
My arm just isn't that good - I might get a dog toy/tennis ball/etc that high that far, but without accuracy.
Eventual solution? A slingshot and about 30 lava rocks (heavy enough to fly, but light enough not to destroy the drone, I figured with much optimism!). Of course I was just hoping to maybe hit the small branches around it, but eventually lucked out and got a glancing blow off the drone. It dropped about 10', hung up on lower branches, then Mr. Murphy got distracted and it came the rest of the way down.
Not a mark on it - may have hit the propeller guards as opposed to the drone. Letting it dry out, but I'm optimistic it will be ok :)

Hmm... cloudy day, little wind... nope, I'm just still too inexperienced to know my left from my right when I'm facing opposite the drone! "Go Left!" Mavic Mini happily obeys, sliding right.... right into tree branches about 45' up.
My arm just isn't that good - I might get a dog toy/tennis ball/etc that high that far, but without accuracy.
Eventual solution? A slingshot and about 30 lava rocks (heavy enough to fly, but light enough not to destroy the drone, I figured with much optimism!). Of course I was just hoping to maybe hit the small branches around it, but eventually lucked out and got a glancing blow off the drone. It dropped about 10', hung up on lower branches, then Mr. Murphy got distracted and it came the rest of the way down.
Not a mark on it - may have hit the propeller guards as opposed to the drone. Letting it dry out, but I'm optimistic it will be ok :)
You realize the last post before yours was 18 months ago....?

Reactions: waverider57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar