DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic type folding quads at CES (photos)

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
FoldingQuad.jpg Obviously with the great demand and (success?) of the Mavic the CES show was swarming with several folding quads.... and some other interesting machines as well....

This is just one of the "folders" ...

And of course the eHang personal commuter X-8 configuration... Not new, but they continue to move forward toward the commuters dream... George Jetson here I come!eHang-X8.jpg

I've done some research on the egg...looks impressive, actually.
Looks like something Mork from Ork would fly in... google it :D
mork-mindy-pod-bod-pod.jpg

View attachment 3642 Obviously with the great demand and (success?) of the Mavic the CES show was swarming with several folding quads.... and some other interesting machines as well....
This is just one of the "folders" ...

Look kinda Karma-esque, with throwing a camera on the front. Other than the egg, can you elaborate on the others you saw? I'd be curious if there's any improvement on the satellite lock technology (more reliable).

Who is allowed to go to CES ? Only journalists ? Or the general public ?
No sir, it is not open to the public. This is from their site...

Attendance Requirements
CES is a trade-only event for the consumer technology industry and not open to the general public. All attendees must provide credentials in advance to verify affiliation with the consumer technology industry and must present a government-issued photo ID upon arrival to the event to pick up a badge. Family, friends and children who accompany you to Las Vegas will not be granted access to CES unless they are over the age of 18 and have proof of industry affiliation.

I was a satellite dealer when I went..... I do not recall what exactly were the credentials to get in.... I am thinking maybe a business license maybe it was a resale permit. It was always very exciting as you got to see up close all the stuff soon to come out and the "fantasy" stuff that may come to be.

If you do know someone that is in the CE business, I think you can get in if they register you as one of their employees.

Who is allowed to go to CES ? Only journalists ? Or the general public ?

More folding quads from CES.... even the Karma made an appearance (re-release info due mid Feb).

Yes, that is a two seater electric plane hanging above the Typhoon booth.... 2.5 hours air time on an electric plane - not bad..

GDU_FoldingQuad.jpg GDU-Open.jpg RedFoldingQuad.jpg TyphoonFixedWing.jpg MavicTable.jpg KarmaInCase.jpg

Look kinda Karma-esque, with throwing a camera on the front. Other than the egg, can you elaborate on the others you saw? I'd be curious if there's any improvement on the satellite lock technology (more reliable).

Most DJI products use both GPS/GLONASS and can hold a position within a few inches on a non-windy day.... same goes for most all of the newer consumer drones I saw at the show. As far as reliability that is going to be up to the operator following proper protocol and the soft/firmware of the manufacturer.

If you want to talk about GPS accuracy PLEASE start a new thread - this thread is just to showcase some of the stuff at the CES show.

Most DJI products use both GPS/GLONASS and can hold a position within a few inches on a non-windy day.... same goes for most all of the newer consumer drones I saw at the show. As far as reliability that is going to be up to the operator following proper protocol and the soft/firmware of the manufacturer.

If you want to talk about GPS accuracy PLEASE start a new thread - this thread is just to showcase some of the stuff at the CES show.

"I'd be curious if there's any improvement on the satellite lock technology (more reliable)." ---- That was in the context of the CES.
I don't want to start another thread to talk about something intended to be related to CES. If it wasn't covered, then that's all I was asking. I've never been there, so I don't know what all they cover or brag about. As far as holding within inches, yeah, until there's interference/metal/whatever (see something called ATTI).

"I'd be curious if there's any improvement on the satellite lock technology (more reliable)." ---- That was in the context of the CES.
I don't want to start another thread to talk about something intended to be related to CES. If it wasn't covered, then that's all I was asking. I've never been there, so I don't know what all they cover or brag about. As far as holding within inches, yeah, until there's interference/metal/whatever (see something called ATTI).

I was not trying to bag on you, too many threads get derailed... sorry if I came off that way

A lot of drones are have colour.
Looks like hazard orange is the new black.

Reactions: RAFALE
I really like the looks of the concept quad from Autel Robotics it has the same "Phantom" look, but with retractable legs and a 360 degree rotation camera and 360 degree obstacle avoidance. I hope they make that a reality this year! Have you seen it yet?

I really like the looks of the concept quad from Autel Robotics it has the same "Phantom" look, but with retractable legs and a 360 degree rotation camera and 360 degree obstacle avoidance. I hope they make that a reality this year! Have you seen it yet?

There were several Phantom look-a-likes.... but i did not notice the retracts on the Autel....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS