DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Video Stock Settings

Random155

Reactions
Ok, so I made a short video while using 100% stock settings on the Mavic. Nothing was changed out of the box. I tried to get as many different kind of shots as possible (water, small detail, large detail, sun in front, sun behind, etc...) You can clearly see where the settings need to be changed to make it a better looking video. The leafless trees were havoc on the mavic!! Tell me what you think... enjoy

Is this video from the memory card?. What were your settings?.

Nice video, seems a bit low res.

Yeah from memory card. All settings were stock, so 1080p and all stockness. I have adjusted to 2.7k now and the video seems much better than this. I just wanted to give a video of stock settings with all different types of environments to see how it performs. It's ok, but the leafless trees were HORRIBLE. 2.7k fixed that.

Unlike the Phantom, 1080p looks like garbage with the Mavic. You really don't want to use anything less than 2.7k. Unfortunately, this means you're limited to 30fps.

Yesterday I took the P4 for a spin to test different settings as we are going to go on vacation out of the country on February and was shooting at 1080P 60FPS, the video looks crisp and the colors look natural.

I have a Mavic on order and now I'm wondering about the picture and video quality.

Yeah, no issues with 1080p from a P4. I would usually just leave it at 720p with my P3P. But the Mavic really is pretty terrible at those resolutions. Any frame rates faster than 30fps are also riddled with moire, so I guess it's not a huge deal that you're limited to 30fps at 2.7k and 4K.

Ok, so I made a short video while using 100% stock settings on the Mavic. Nothing was changed out of the box. I tried to get as many different kind of shots as possible (water, small detail, large detail, sun in front, sun behind, etc...) You can clearly see where the settings need to be changed to make it a better looking video. The leafless trees were havoc on the mavic!! Tell me what you think... enjoy

I think your video editor further reduced the final bitrate of your upload as the image is very low res.

It looked that bad straight from the card. I used wondershare which doesn't do any down res. stuff. I just split, transition and added music on that program. Exported at 1080p.

It looked that bad straight from the card. I used wondershare which doesn't do any down res. stuff. I just split, transition and added music on that program. Exported at 1080p.

Perhaps it's your 1080p setting? I shoot in 4K and the leaves have long left the trees in my area. My footage looks nothing like yours. However, if I upload it to YouTube in a compressed state with a lowered bitrate, data is lost and it would start to look like yours.

I would say that there is a slight loss of detail after uploading to youtube... but, it didnt look much better than viewing it straight from the card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk