DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC vs GOPRO KARMA - One of them is the worst drone ever.

Watching him acting the Karma presentation was hilarious! "It's KARMA"... so funny. I've never liked the Karma, and would never buy it! Ever

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It seems that someone started a campaign against karma, looking at amount of videos launched today.

I dont like Karma but is it so bad?

It's hard to believe looking at gopro inside such a mess...

Seen a lot of karma crashes.. doesn't go well for GoPro . I'm glad I cxld my order and went with the Mavic ...

Reactions: youyigl
It's got permanent ATTI mode! Seriously though, Justine shouldn't be doing drone reviews when she can't make simple flight corrections like this.

I wonder if that was so inocent as it appears... Justine fly drones, not a big tech but deal with it...

Can't wait to see how quickly Casey neistat crashes or loses the karma.. especially after losing the Mavic which has all the bells and whistles compared to the karma .

He received a karma today, perhaps tomorrow we'll see it.
With no sensors, walls could already be waiting for him...

Karma is crap! When you let go of the sticks it should stop and hover.. also it's so LOUD!!! And the drifting is out of hand. I agree the drone world needs competition but the karma is just dangerous.. especially when they claim anyone can fly it.. apparently not.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Looked pretty bad in that video. Karam was all over the place... some people are saying he was biased. The thing would barely hover... can't blame that on the reviewer being biased. Not to mention the horizon not being aligned correctly, and no way to adjust it.

The lack of sensors is astounding though.. these things are going to get crashed like crazy.

Last edited:
Well... this makes me much more content in waiting for my Mavic to be delivered. I don't think anyone will be canceling their Mavic order for a GoPro Karma. I know I won't.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You might have seen this video !

Yes she is totally clueless about how to fly a multirotor unless it is GPS enabled and active.
She really should even be allowed to use an R/C aircraft if she is that bad.
Oh, and as for first/test flight with an unfamiliar aircraft in a small backyard ...... need I say more?

Reactions: Derf
I like that iphonedo chap, he's got a bit of charisma about him. Justine with two eyes, needs to use them. It's almost as if she wanted it to crash?! Okay, the Karma is a bit of a distance behind the curve in drone tech. GoPro will hopefully learn from this and push on. Bring on K2. They need to bring a number of improvements. They have only three things they need keep - the detachable gimbal, the camera (with super wide field of view capability) and the foldability. Let's list the things K2 needs to bring to the party...
1. Size reduction - enough so that it can lose its Jabba status (difficult when needs to carry their Go Pro and detachable gimbal system)
2. Sensors, lots of them, and they may need to think of additional ones that DJI are already thinking about. Combine this with flight stability.
3. A new controller that has better ergonomics, and more feedback/telemetry.
4. Noise reduction
5. Longer range
6. Longer battery life, flight time
7. Adjustable horizon
8. A parachute to bring it down safely when Ms Justine crashes it?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

If the Karma were to be in the $250 - $300 or $700 with Hero5Black price range, it would have done a lot better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98