DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic vs Spark picture! Please give me your thoughts?

WilliamG

Reactions
Out of the box, there's no doubt the Spark takes very different-looking pictures/video than the Mavic with everything set to auto.

I just got a Mavic and a Spark within a week of each other (I jumped into my first drones HARD, apparently - love both), and the difference is pretty substantial between the two in terms out media output. So, which do you prefer of these two unedited JPEGs.

Again, both out-of-the-box camera settings.

Which do you think is which....?

Attachments

• DJI_0032.JPG
    DJI_0032.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 204
  • DJI_0029.JPG
    DJI_0029.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 200
Spark right

I'll confirm/deny a bit later, but why do you think that? I'm just interested in whether/why Spark has a specific "look" about its images that is easily recognizable?

I'm going with 0029 as the Mavic

Interesting. That's the opposite of what 0002s thinks.

Conflicting opinions here.

I'll tell you this. If you're familiar with videos/pictures of both drones, which one is which is REALLY obvious.

Again, will reveal later, but am definitely interested in hearing WHY people make the choice they make.

I'll confirm/deny a bit later, but why do you think that? I'm just interested in whether/why Spark has a specific "look" about its images that is easily recognizable?

Spark is set to correct more than Mavic

Reactions: Trooperh
ok, I take it back... I didn't know I could download the images for a closer look. The 0032 seems sharper although the lighting is slightly different between both.

Mavic pics always seem to be more washed-out, overexposed (0032). Try taking 360 pano. Big difference. I've both Spark and Mavic. Perhaps DJI is 'pushing' users to buy ND filters for their Mavic. (?)

Mavic pics always seem to be more washed-out, overexposed (0032). Try taking 360 pano. Big difference. I've both Spark and Mavic. Perhaps DJI is 'pushing' users to buy ND filters for their Mavic. (?)
The Spark is designed to produce a ready-to-use image. The Mavic has color settings for more editing options.

ok, I take it back... I didn't know I could download the images for a closer look. The 0032 seems sharper although the lighting is slightly different between both.

I agree dino, 0032 is my preference, a little sharper and with a little editing the slightly deep colour can be achieved if desired.
I'd pick 0032 to be the mavic pic.

Ok!

0032 is the Mavic, 0029 is the Spark. Well done for those who guessed correctly, and extra kudos to those who recognize the Mavic “look.”

There are pros and cons to both images for sure. The Spark seems to sharpen images more than the Mavic, which is interesting. However, there’s quite a bit of edge-enhancement to the Spark image that I don’t care for.

That said, both do a good enough job.

Also, the Spark is adorable.

Lighting, composition, and technique will have substantially more impact to the final quality of your photography than your choice of drone.

I will stand behind that statement even considering Spark's lower quality video.

Much better to have great content at 1080p than mediocre content at 4k.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs