DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic will not connect to DJI Assistiant 2

ScottyV

Reactions
I've had this problem since about a week or two after I got my Mavic. DJI Assistant 2 doesn't recognize my MP, no matter what I do. I've tried different sequences of turning it off/on, or plugging in/out the cord. tried numerous USB cables. nothing works. It never changes from the image below. It does connect to the laptop for getting images/video off of the MP via windows. I have a 1yo Asus laptop with good specs, with which it worked fine at one point, but now doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks for the help

upload_2018-6-14_23-53-19.png

Realized I didn't have the latest version of Assistant, so I upgraded to latest v1.2.4
still not working

I bet its because of DJI's unsigned drivers.
Try this:

Uninstall DJI Assistant 2

Reboot your PC in maintenance mode (right-click Start menu, then hold shift key and left click "restart")

The PC will reboot to a blue screen with options...

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced options.

Click Startup Settings.

Click on Restart.

On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

The computer will take you to windows...

Reinstall DJI Assistant 2.

During installation, a command prompt window will appear and you'll be asked to accept some permissions. Go ahead and accept them. Nothing to be afraid of.

Don't reboot your computer!

Start DJI Assistant 2

Plugin Drone and turn on

Try this:

Reboot your PC in maintenance mode (right-click Start menu, then hold shift key and left click "restart")

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced options.

Click Startup Settings.

Click on Restart.

On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

During installation, a command prompt window will appear and you'll be asked to accept some permissions. Go ahead and accept them. Nothing to be afraid of.

Start DJI Assistant 2

Plugin Drone and turn on

Thanks Simmo, I'll give that a try this weekend and report back how it goes

Is it in WiFi mode or RC?

Never mind I see your hard wire connecting.

Try this:

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced options.

Click Startup Settings.

Click on Restart.

Start DJI Assistant 2

Plugin Drone and turn on

Thank you, your suggested fix worked on Windows 8.1.

Reactions: Simmo
Hi Simmo, unfortunately the fix didn't work for me, I tried it twice step-by-step. Assistant 2 still won't recognize the Mavic.

I think I had a similar situation a while back where a firmware update wouldn't work on my primary laptop (the one that the MP won't connect to now) so I was able to use my smaller/crappier laptop which actually did work. I'll see if the Mavic will connect to that smaller laptop (I didn't think of that last night when I was trying to fix the primary laptop).
Anyway, thanks for attempting to help me fix it, it looks like it worked for j.r.r.
Let me know if you have any other ideas.
Thanks!

Hi Simmo, unfortunately the fix didn't work for me, I tried it twice step-by-step. Assistant 2 still won't recognize the Mavic.

I think I had a similar situation a while back where a firmware update wouldn't work on my primary laptop (the one that the MP won't connect to now) so I was able to use my smaller/crappier laptop which actually did work. I'll see if the Mavic will connect to that smaller laptop (I didn't think of that last night when I was trying to fix the primary laptop).
Anyway, thanks for attempting to help me fix it, it looks like it worked for j.r.r.
Let me know if you have any other ideas.
Thanks!

In my case the process of installation was very frustrating :) My initial attempts on two different laptops (Dell Alien 18" and Surface Pro 3) failed. I used 'F7' key and this didn't seam to had any effect on allowing Windows 8.1 to install unsigned drivers. I repeated the process on both laptops and instead of 'F7' I pressed '7' and it worked just fine. Couple more thing you may try when installing DJI Assistant 2, right-click on executable (DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.exe) and select 'Run as administrator'. Another thing, when I connect my MP to you computer and power up the drone it took good 30 seconds before connection took place.

Good luck,
--jr

In my case the process of installation was very frustrating :) My initial attempts on two different laptops (Dell Alien 18" and Surface Pro 3) failed. I used 'F7' key and this didn't seam to had any effect on allowing Windows 8.1 to install unsigned drivers. I repeated the process on both laptops and instead of 'F7' I pressed '7' and it worked just fine. Couple more thing you may try when installing DJI Assistant 2, right-click on executable (DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.exe) and select 'Run as administrator'. Another thing, when I connect my MP to you computer and power up the drone it took good 30 seconds before connection took place.

Good luck,
--jr

My 1st attempt (after uninstalling Assistant 2, and restarting while pressing 7) I got the prompts to install the drivers during the Assistant 2 install, which at the time I thought was the ticket to success, but no luck.
Also, at some point when trying to connect I did try "Run as Admin" when running (not installing) the Assistant 2 app, but that had no affect.
I'll try the process again, running the installation .exe as Admin like you suggested, and see if I have any luck there.

worked for me, thank you!
one note: Shift + Restart didn't work, but clicking F8 while booting got me to the screen with "disable driver signature enforcement" option

@Porky : I believe this topic should be moved to the "Firmware & Software Discussion" section and it should get sticky note or how it's called to stay on the top

Last edited:
@ferraript, which version of Windows are you running?

@ferraript, which version of Windows are you running?
this worked for me on my Windows 7 x64
on Windows 10 I had to disable LUA to make DJI Assistant running
I just don't understand why this stopped working for me right now - few weeks ago it worked fine

Reactions: msinger
update: it's not working 100 %
Mavic is visible in DJI Assistant, I can change parameters, see all the tabs, but the most used function, switching to SD Card Mode in "Flight Data" tab is not working
in Device Manager I have unrecognized device called "DJI", Hardware ID is USB\VID_2CA3&PID_001F&MI_06
that's really annoying :(

Last edited:
Lets step back a few steps you modded your mav pro didnt you you will need assistant 112

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu