DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic won't turn on after four months off

Hawkeye22

Reactions
Hello folks,
Parked my Mavic when the snow started and didn't touch it until now.
Charged both batteries, four lights. Plugged the batteries on my mavic and then tried to start, no go.
Batteries seem fine, but is it possible that they lose their juice after sitting idle for that length of time?
I don't see why the mavic would not start?
Any suggestions? Going south and would like to bring it.
Hawk.

the batterys are designed to lose charge after sitting,when you press the battery button do any lights come on?,you are doing the proper start function?
press button,release then press again 2 sec to turn on

the batterys are designed to lose charge after sitting,when you press the battery button do any lights come on?,you are doing the proper start function?
press button,release then press again 2 sec to turn on

He said he had them charged and had 4 lights... but I'm thinking you're on the right track w/ the press & hold. Maybe forgot that detail over the last few months?

Reactions: wytnyt
He said he had them charged and had 4 lights... but I'm thinking you're on the right track w/ the press & hold. Maybe forgot that detail over the last few months?
i saw where he charged em,just too lazy to edit:)

Reactions: colinfowler
Could be batteries drained down too low after 4 months of sitting idle and can’t take a charge, even though they show four lights.

Okay, so went out and bought another battery, charged it and it fired up....tried the other batteries i had, and it started....not sure if there was a bad connection with the others and the new one burped it, but i'm all good now.
Thanks for the replies folks! off to Jamaica!
Hawk.

If your drone was idle for four months, it means you weren't buying new gadgets for it on the regular. My wife is like that. She knows when she's being neglected. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista