DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic zoom gimbal horizon tilt not working any ideas

Did they cut it you the check without any hassles
Cars are a bit different... the drone would likely be under you homeowners if you don’t have the specific rider for drones.
For the car: got estimates from the shop SF wanted, and from the shop I wanted. My shop repaired it all and “argued” with SF when required... invisible to me... and I just signed the SF check over to my shop. No cash paid except deductible.. fix perfectly.

Reactions: Arce101
My agent will not cover my Mavic under my Homeowners Insurance. I opted for the personal articles policy and thankfully have never had to use it. Knock on something wood like.

Reactions: Thomas B
It’s under homeowners but it’s personal article so they will cut me a check for 1250 what it was Worth I’m just wondering how long I have to have it before I can file a claim

Wow really that weird does it just depend on the agent in your city I wonder have you filled any claims in the past oh you said your car that’s probably why

Has anyone ever filed a claim with State Farm this will be my first
Yea download the State Farm app and put in your back account info and file a claim through the app.

They’ll call you a couple days later. They might ask if you got an estimate for repair and might want a copy of the estimate so and least have that handy. They might also ask for original receipt but if you don’t have it should still be ok. They’ll want to know the replacement cost so look up what it will cost you all in to get a new one. If it ends up costing more to replace then you said originally you just submit your receipt for the new one and they’ll pay the difference to your bank account.

After you talk to them and they are satisfied they will wire the money to your bank account and it there within 24 hours usually. Do that rather than the check thing which will take several weeks. You are better off putting in the claim sooner than later because it will be kinda suspicious you waited so long after if happened to file a claim.

Keep in mind once you file a claim you can’t cancel it. It goes on your record either way

It’s under homeowners but it’s personal article so they will cut me a check for 1250 what it was Worth I’m just wondering how long I have to have it before I can file a claim
Your agent will know how long you have to file and only you know when the loss occurred.

Is it that much better big al I seen a lot of comparisons and the images don’t look that much different but we will see hope it lives up to the hype
This video points to at least low light difference. I don't night fly, so not much value for me, but the resolution of 20mp vs 12mp may make a difference for you.
That said, there are many YT videos that claim 6mp is all that is needed unless you are doing very large (billboard) prints

Reactions: BigAl07 and Arce101
We used to have a guy on here that knew how to fix this stuff. Can't remember his name.. Thumper or Dumperdrones or something like that.

Contact Thunderdrones.org

Very reasonable, honest and knowledgeable

This video points to at least low light difference. I don't night fly, so not much value for me, but the resolution of 20mp vs 12mp may make a difference for you.
That said, there are many YT videos that claim 6mp is all that is needed unless you are doing very large (billboard) prints

as i now have both zoom and pro models - after playing with zoom all last weekend, and now looking at the footage - i can tell that day videos done with good light and proper exposure are very, very close in quality with the pro video. colors are slightly worse, but, overall it is difficult to see the difference.

now, as soon as you deviate from perfect conditions and perfect exposure - zoom sensor shows all its weaknesses immediately. h265 dlog-m mode in pro is heads and shoulders above of what zoom can do, and for the capturing dusk scenes and lowering sun - it is not comparable with zoom. dynamic range of zoom old sensor is absolutely inferior to pro - you barely get anything useful on the situation with the lowering sun and darker foreground - if you try to pull colors and lightning - it is not quite usable, too much noise from the sensor.

photo quality shows that as well, even at ISO 200 on the zoom you see how image quality deteriorates. pro sensor produces usable content up to ISO 400, zoom is really a ISO 100 - 160 only. what really surprised me is the level of distortions on the zoom lens - taking a group photo from 15ft away faces of people on the image closer to the edge of the frame were quite visibly distorted, it was quite a surprise to see. i will need more time to try more all other modes and compare more, but, so far i am not very impressed by what zoom camera does, at least compared to 20mp 1" sensor in the pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN