DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic2 - inconsistent exposure shooting panoramics

gwaiifly

Reactions
Hi and thanks for reviewing my issue

when shooting panoramas with my M2 pro in any format the view down image is often underexposed - sometimes it's random - sometimes it's consistent. I have searched the forums without finding any insights - a friend who also shoots with a M2 pro has a similar issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated

I'm using a smart controller and am wondering if Litchi has similar issues

Thank you !

when shooting panoramas with my M2 pro in any format the view down image is often underexposed - sometimes it's random - sometimes it's consistent.
How are you setting your exposure?
Are you using the same exposure setting for the whole panorama?

As your camera moves around looking at different parts of the sky/scene, some parts have the sun shining directly at them, while others aren't getting full sun.
If your camera settings stay the same and the brightness of parts of the panorama are of varying brightness, that's why you get the results you are asking about.

Reactions: Wangodetango
Shoot panorama's, like video with Manual camera settings. Auto is a broad area metering and will adjust to the light as Meta4 states.
I like to first scan the scene with a guess at manual settings (aperture, ISO and shutter speed), find a good middle point and reset the manual settings keeping shutter speed to above around 1/100 sec (although you can go slower). Stick with a fairly wide open aperture. If it's darker then full open aperture is no problem and maybe 1/60th sec shutter. Double check your focus on the horizon. Then play with ISO to get the best middle exposure. If theres a big difference between the dark and light zones or if its a bright sunny day (with deep shadows) then shot exposure bracketing (AEB) with 5 shots a each position and merge the whole thing in Lightroom or similar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242