DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavicPRO VincentNG Battery Problem

krayn

Reactions
Hello Guys,
i own a vincentNG battery of 9880mah (something close to this number).
Yesterday attaching the battery i've made a mystake and attached it wrongly to my mavic resulting the 4th female ping of the battery burned :(

The battery is still ok, from the mavic i can see the OK voltage of the cells but te total voltage is 0.. (the 4th pin is one of the +12 terminal) so the drone refuse to take off..

Repairing the battery isn't easy. Is was not posible to find for me a connector replacement and also i'm not good in microsoldering so i was think into buying a new one but seems like vincent is no more making any battery.

Do you guys have any suggestion?
I was looking on aliexpress and there are some modded battery but, are they reliable?

Thank you!

Hello Guys,
i own a vincentNG battery of 9880mah (something close to this number).
Yesterday attaching the battery i've made a mystake and attached it wrongly to my mavic resulting the 4th female ping of the battery burned :(

The battery is still ok, from the mavic i can see the OK voltage of the cells but te total voltage is 0.. (the 4th pin is one of the +12 terminal) so the drone refuse to take off..

Repairing the battery isn't easy. Is was not posible to find for me a connector replacement and also i'm not good in microsoldering so i was think into buying a new one but seems like vincent is no more making any battery.

Do you guys have any suggestion?
I was looking on aliexpress and there are some modded battery but, are they reliable?

Thank you!
Please forgive me for responding with a question rather than a reply but you are the only person I have encountered online who has installed that monster Mavic Pro1 battery made by Vincent NG.

I am curious to learn how many minutes of flight time you were getting with your Mavic Pro1 with this new battery modification. I have been thinking of buying one of that extra-duration battery but was concerned about the fact that nobody who had actually bought one had published a review of how well the replacement batter worked, and how long the Mavic Pro1 was able to fly.

Thanks in advance for any findings you might be willing to share hwere about the Vincent NG battery mod for the Mavic Pro1

Please forgive me for responding with a question rather than a reply but you are the only person I have encountered online who has installed that monster Mavic Pro1 battery made by Vincent NG.

I am curious to learn how many minutes of flight time you were getting with your Mavic Pro1 with this new battery modification. I have been thinking of buying one of that extra-duration battery but was concerned about the fact that nobody who had actually bought one had published a review of how well the replacement batter worked, and how long the Mavic Pro1 was able to fly.

Thanks in advance for any findings you might be willing to share hwere about the Vincent NG battery mod for the Mavic Pro1
From prior battery mods with the P3P and P4, by doubling the total mAH battery capacity, one can increase the flight time by roughly 50%. Those mods had hardwired connectors soldered directly to the drone for the external battery leads, run in parallel with the internal battery.

Stock flight time was 20 minutes. Doubling the mAH with external batteries (usually split between two separate external batteries) would result in 30 minutes of flight time.

With the new 47 minute Plus batteries on the Mini 3 Pro, you should be able to achieve a realistic 33-35 minute flight time with a stock battery. Alternatively, the Mavic 3 Classic has a 46 minute battery that drivers 32-35 minutes as well.

If you need more flight time, that is the direction I would go.

From prior battery mods with the P3P and P4, by doubling the total mAH battery capacity, one can increase the flight time by roughly 50%. Those mods had hardwired connectors soldered directly to the drone for the external battery leads, run in parallel with the internal battery.

Stock flight time was 20 minutes. Doubling the mAH with external batteries (usually split between two separate external batteries) would result in 30 minutes of flight time.

With the new 47 minute Plus batteries on the Mini 3 Pro, you should be able to achieve a realistic 33-35 minute flight time with a stock battery. Alternatively, the Mavic 3 Classic has a 46 minute battery that drivers 32-35 minutes as well.

If you need more flight time, that is the direction I would go.
This food for thought is appreciated, GadgetGuy. Thirty minutes of flight time for my Mavic Pro1 would increase its rage to pretty much every town nearby in my remote Third World backwater. I've been mulling over that battery upgrade for a while, but hearing from the OP here that it is possible to fry your Mavic Pro1 by being too hasty in hooking up that modified battery's connector, certainly gives me pause for thought.

Those newer generation DJI offerings such as the Mavic 3 Pro are currently selling for a bit more than I can manage, but man, those 47-minute flight times are a major selling point for me. The other drawback of DJI's newer drones that are built around the DJI Fly platform is that unlike my museum piece Mavic Pro1, they no longer have the capability to continue flying Litchi waypoint missions if the link between the drone and its RC controller is interrupted or lost.

Hmm, so this VincentNG battery (9880mAh) is around 2.57 x capacity of a normal battery (3830mAh) so probably around 36 mins ?

There are possibly other battery modding types around that could fix the pin, finding someone in the EU will be the harder part . . . shipping lipos is generally not possible with their dangerous goods category.

Tell you what though, there's a Euro guy on the Spark Forum that does battery mods, username > carsco.
He's in Euro somewhere and could probably fix this.

A thread on that sister forum . . .

Post # 14 indicates he's in the EU.

You will have to sign up there to be able to post to threads, and send a PM (Conversation).

As a matter of interest, there's a thread here on the forum re M1P battery mods, see here page 213, post #4241.

Mavic pro battery mod

Mentions the Vincent NG battery (Singapore), and another fellow in Malaysia who possibly could help you, a Mr. Khor from Perak, Malaysia.
From the 2020 reply he quoted US$140 for a 11740mAh pack, now that's a step up too.

Good luck.

Last edited:
This food for thought is appreciated, GadgetGuy. Thirty minutes of flight time for my Mavic Pro1 would increase its rage to pretty much every town nearby in my remote Third World backwater. I've been mulling over that battery upgrade for a while, but hearing from the OP here that it is possible to fry your Mavic Pro1 by being too hasty in hooking up that modified battery's connector, certainly gives me pause for thought.

Those newer generation DJI offerings such as the Mavic 3 Pro are currently selling for a bit more than I can manage, but man, those 47-minute flight times are a major selling point for me. The other drawback of DJI's newer drones that are built around the DJI Fly platform is that unlike my museum piece Mavic Pro1, they no longer have the capability to continue flying Litchi waypoint missions if the link between the drone and its RC controller is interrupted or lost.
Yes, if you need LSMC functionality using Litchi, sticking with GO 4 and supported drones makes sense. There are plenty of people who modified their earlier drones to accept external batteries. Necessity was the mother of invention. Should be plenty of old tutorials and YT videos on how to hardwire the external connectors, if you are willing to crack open the case, or can find someone else to do it for you. Otherwise, be really careful using the finicky battery connectors that are just manually inserted between the battery and the pins. They also don't make a completely reliable electrical connection, even when properly placed. A soldered connection to the internal battery board is always best.

The double stacked battery packs were ridiculously overpriced, and only as good as the battery maker, who was impossible to ever get a reply from. There is a reason he no longer makes them. I almost bought two from him for $900 for the Mavic 2, asking for an invoice to pay through PayPal. Lucky for me, he never responded, and the Mavic 3 came out shortly thereafter!

If you can get one of these, that's the one I would use!

DJI Mavic Pro mega battery 10998mah

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka