DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavik Pro slams to ground after firmware update

I have seen it done with a Mavic a couple of times in videos in this very thread.
Well they must have gone into the app and changed the settings.
The pic is straight from the manual.

... I kept getting firmware update notices, so I went ahead and once it was complete tried flying again. This time upon takeoff, it tried escalating straight up even when I was not directing it. Thinking something was wrong, I tried to land it. It came down to about 3 or 4 feet and did not want to land. I kept the controller held down, and it proceeded to slam itself into the ground and bounce up, kept it held down until it finally stayed on ground and stopped...
It sounds like you have some conflicting problems.
• It went up without your input.
• It came down to about 3 or 4 feet and did not want to land.
• It proceeded to slam itself into the ground and bounce up.

My initial thought was the downward sensors were turned off which would allow it to "slam into the ground" instead of a gentle touch-down but you also state it stopped 3 or 4 feet from the ground. Since the downward sensors are the only way it knows where the ground is they had to be on.

Now I am thinking that you need to re-calibrate both the Mavic and the RC.

Tis a puzzle.

Most likely in this case, the downward vision sensors were off. The AC will then slam to the ground instead of a gentle calibrated landing

In my case, the sensors are always on, all of them; it is an error. It just says "Ultrasonic sensor error. Land immediatly.". I've been reading some threads about this issue, but so far I still haven't found the solution. It seems to fail during the flight, when Mavic goes higher than ~30ft. Once it happens, only restarting the aircraft will make the sensors to work again.

Post the flight logs already. Enough guessing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi