DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavix mini issues

Val22

Reactions
Hello,
I've been using my mini for about 2 weeks now with my Samsung S8.
The first few days all was going well.
But lately, I dont know what to do anymore.
It will work properly for about 30 seconds then either I lose my connection to my drone or it flys away.
Anyone else having issues. Maybe I should get a longer cable to hopefully solve the connection issues. Though often lately I have trouble connecting to my drone from a few feet away. I retired flying this morning indoors test it out which after 19 seconds it decided to fly slowly towards a wall so I went to stop it from colliding and tried to catch it, well let's say 1 finger got bruised.
Would my other option be to buy a cord and try my iPad 6th generation instead?
Thanks for your help!

Dear Val, connection problems are not initiated by the used phone or tablet. They only offer the GUI (graphic user interface). It must be something between your remote and your drone.

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm a newbie but think that as with all electronics a hard reset might do the trick?

Start fresh. Delete the app then download it again. Recalibrate compass and imu. Do this outside away from and metal objects. Restart the drone and wait for the ok to fly, then test it out.
You can always try different cords or even a different device to see if it makes a difference.

Reactions: Navster
Hello,
I've been using my mini for about 2 weeks now with my Samsung S8.
The first few days all was going well.
But lately, I dont know what to do anymore.
It will work properly for about 30 seconds then either I lose my connection to my drone or it flys away.
Anyone else having issues. Maybe I should get a longer cable to hopefully solve the connection issues. Though often lately I have trouble connecting to my drone from a few feet away. I retired flying this morning indoors test it out which after 19 seconds it decided to fly slowly towards a wall so I went to stop it from colliding and tried to catch it, well let's say 1 finger got bruised.
Would my other option be to buy a cord and try my iPad 6th generation instead?
Thanks for your help!
Starting with the basics, are the two Flight Controller antennas pointing up (not folded together) and you and the FC are facing the mini with the flat surface of each antenna towards the Aircraft?
See page 29 of the manual

Sounds strange to me. I dont think a longer cord will help, although the Ipad might, as iOS has little variation between devices, where android has endless variations, but the ipad alone wont solve your issue! As someone else mentioned, the device has nothing to do with the flight control. Its a visual interface for you and a logger. You can actually take off without a device, but your H and D will be limited because your device is what signs you into DJI servers.

I'd go with the hard reset first, as linked above by another, but then, I'd also recomend a firmware refresh or upgrade, depending on what fw your on. Do this to both the aircraft and the remote controller! They both are done via Assistant 2. Make sure you download the latest version of Assistant 2 from DJI.

Then do everything you did in the beginning, IMU cal, etc.

I'm not sure if the Mavic Mini has a visual downward facing sensor like its big brother, Mavic 2, but if it does, and it was turned on in the settings of Fly App (Ive never used MM or flyapp, so not sure about layout/settings etc), and it was well lit in your home at the time of the flight, then your AC taking off on its own toward a wall is definately a sign of issues in the fw, code, or a faulty component?

I find it especially strange that you start every flight with 30 sec or so of solid control/flight, as youd expect, then it flys away. You should still message DJI on this one, even if the hard reset seems to temp solve it, as this may be an internal defective component such as compass unit? Expect from DJI, the first few messages to be asking you to check all the basics, most of which you mayve already tried, but if you stay on them, they will eventually get to the meat of the issue, however, that may mean that you have to ship it to them, which can be time consuming, but best to do it now, before summer (if your in the N hemi)

Good luck

Last edited:
i have the S8 and the mini - zero issues ....so no compatability issues with that combo

I use the S8, no problems, but I had to cut the case I bought for protection because I found the controller connector would not seat all the way in.

Just a thought.

I use the S8, no problems, but I had to cut the case I bought for protection because I found the controller connector would not seat all the way in.

Just a thought.
i always connect the phone first then put it into the controller slot then plug in the cable to the controller . so hard to do the other way round....

Rondal ,
your profile picture, is this the current setup you have with your Mavic mini controller with Samsung S8 phone?
i use the brackets with the controller to hold the phone in place but have issues getting it to hold in place properly. I often have issues with phone not connecting to controller.

Sounds strange to me. I dont think a longer cord will help, although the Ipad might, as iOS has little variation between devices, where android has endless variations, but the ipad alone wont solve your issue! As someone else mentioned, the device has nothing to do with the flight control. Its a visual interface for you and a logger. You can actually take off without a device, but your H and D will be limited because your device is what signs you into DJI servers.

I'd go with the hard reset first, as linked above by another, but then, I'd also recomend a firmware refresh or upgrade, depending on what fw your on. Do this to both the aircraft and the remote controller! They both are done via Assistant 2. Make sure you download the latest version of Assistant 2 from DJI.

Then do everything you did in the beginning, IMU cal, etc.

I'm not sure if the Mavic Mini has a visual downward facing sensor like its big brother, Mavic 2, but if it does, and it was turned on in the settings of Fly App (Ive never used MM or flyapp, so not sure about layout/settings etc), and it was well lit in your home at the time of the flight, then your AC taking off on its own toward a wall is definately a sign of issues in the fw, code, or a faulty component?

I find it especially strange that you start every flight with 30 sec or so of solid control/flight, as youd expect, then it flys away. You should still message DJI on this one, even if the hard reset seems to temp solve it, as this may be an internal defective component such as compass unit? Expect from DJI, the first few messages to be asking you to check all the basics, most of which you mayve already tried, but if you stay on them, they will eventually get to the meat of the issue, however, that may mean that you have to ship it to them, which can be time consuming, but best to do it now, before summer (if your in the N hemi)

Good luck

i tried a few times to upgrade with DJI assistant 2 and I don’t see any new updates since I had my Mavic mini a month ago. Is this normal?
unless my app is not detecting my drone?

Just a thought.
I had the same problem with my S8+ case -- had to cut space for that right-angle plug, but that's better than having to take it out of the case every time.

So sorry guys, I made a mistake, I have the Samsung A8 phone.
is this still compatible or ok working?

Recently I was experiencing constant connection issues with my S10 which was starting to put my confidence down with the unexplained connection losses, it turned out that my USB C port on my phone had fluff inside the port! Not a lot but enough to give me these constant connection losses, cleaned it out and it's been perfect since and now starting to really enjoy the MM. :)

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore