DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavmount 3.0 iPad adapter for DJI Mavic Pro 2

My red one game today, and it looks beautiful!!! However, I'm dumb. How do I remove the cable from the controller, on the left side? I'm trying to figure it out, but well, I'm not ready for such sophistication apparently lol.

edit.. got it out lol. I'm just plain slow.

Another question, when tightening the clamp either from the back of it or the threaded bottom option, it doesn't tighten flush. Am I doing it wrong?

Last edited:
My red one game today, and it looks beautiful!!! However, I'm dumb. How do I remove the cable from the controller, on the left side? I'm trying to figure it out, but well, I'm not ready for such sophistication apparently lol.

edit.. got it out lol. I'm just plain slow.

Another question, when tightening the clamp either from the back of it or the threaded bottom option, it doesn't tighten flush. Am I doing it wrong?
I ran the tapered bolt though the untapered side of the mount and used a Allen wrench to tighten it.
66D40AFB-1582-4C62-8F6B-712C14CCE1D0.jpeg

I ran the tapered bolt though the untapered side of the mount and used a Allen wrench to tighten it.
View attachment 45277
I'm talking about the iPad clamp to the mavmount. The clamp isn't tightening flush. If I tighten it all the way so the ipad wouldn't sway or move, then it's, well, not lined up well.

I'm talking about the iPad clamp to the mavmount. The clamp isn't tightening flush. If I tighten it all the way so the ipad wouldn't sway or move, then it's, well, not lined up well.]

Just loosen the ball, turn the holder where you want it, then tighten the ball back down.

Reactions: F34R
F34: My MM 3.0 arrived today and I know the issue you describe. First, I don’t remember the previous MM version having the rubber washer. (Too lazy to go inside and check..sorry.) :) I don’t know if you had/have one of the previous models or not but for sure the 3.0 with the rubber washer works more better.

However, as I said, I know what you mean..you can get it as tight as you can with your hands but the minute you spin the iPad CCW, it loosens up again.

So, I gout out a big old set of reglular plars, held the plastic, circular nut, and then tightened the clamp with my hand. It doesn’t matter what position the ball is in, you can always reset it to the position of your liking. Mine is now very tight even with the heavier iPad and I don’t think I’ll have any further issues and hope you won’t either.

Hope that helps and now, a short story to give a shout out to MavMount...

As I mentioned, I ordered the 3.0 but forgot that I’d probably wanna use the larger iPad with the MP as well and didn’t want to have to swap MM’s from bag to bag every time so I ordered a second 9.7” clamp (to use with the MP’s MM 1 or 2, I can’t remember,) but what came was the 4.4” version for an iPad mini.

So off to the MM site I go and use their “Contact” routine to tell them what occurred. No kidding...within MINUTES I had a response from someone at MM asking for a photo of what I got, which I sent. Pretty impressive and I’ll letcha know the outcome when I hear back.

KB

I have the MM 3.0 but, in my opinion, the one flaw it has is that it sits square in the controller jaws. This allows it to slide out during use. Even if it’s just a little bit, it’s unnerving. Like if you need to bend down to pick up your drone, the MM can actually slide right out of the jaws.

I ordered the Polar Pro mount and this design is tapered so, when it sits in the controller jaws, it’s forced against the controller which helps it stay inside. It feels more solid to me and doesn’t move at all.

One pro for the MM is that you can hand tighten the ball head knob to lock down your display. There is a large screw to tighten on the Polar Pro mount which you can hand tighten to an extent but it never seems to get my CS tight enough so I have to use their screwdriver that comes with the mount. It’s a minor inconvenience overall but a more solid feel during flying. If MM could modify their bottom plate to operate like the Polar Pro mount, they’d have a big winner.

Polar Pro gets 4.5 stars from me while the MM gets 4 stars. Both are good...but I think Polar Pro is a little better here.

Reactions: cdubNga
I have the MM 3.0 but, in my opinion, the one flaw it has is that it sits square in the controller jaws. This allows it to slide out during use. Even if it’s just a little bit, it’s unnerving. Like if you need to bend down to pick up your drone, the MM can actually slide right out of the jaws.

I ordered the Polar Pro mount and this design is tapered so, when it sits in the controller jaws, it’s forced against the controller which helps it stay inside. It feels more solid to me and doesn’t move at all.

One pro for the MM is that you can hand tighten the ball head knob to lock down your display. There is a large screw to tighten on the Polar Pro mount which you can hand tighten to an extent but it never seems to get my CS tight enough so I have to use their screwdriver that comes with the mount. It’s a minor inconvenience overall but a more solid feel during flying. If MM could modify their bottom plate to operate like the Polar Pro mount, they’d have a big winner.

Polar Pro gets 4.5 stars from me while the MM gets 4 stars. Both are good...but I think Polar Pro is a little better here.
Yes, yes and yes. I have a MM 3.0 as well and don't like how it locks in. This is particularly the case when you are using a large heavy tablet. I wrote to MM suggesting they add a couple of small fold out arms on the mavmount that push the TXs arms out at the top (and therefore the TXs arms in at the bottom). I heard nothing back, not even a "thank you" go away response. "To be honest the MM is a piece of crap especially if you consider the price premium. I will mod it myself of dump it on ebay and grab something else.

Yes, yes and yes. I have a MM 3.0 as well and don't like how it locks in. This is particularly the case when you are using a large heavy tablet. I wrote to MM suggesting they add a couple of small fold out arms on the mavmount that push the TXs arms out at the top (and therefore the TXs arms in at the bottom). I heard nothing back, not even a "thank you" go away response. "To be honest the MM is a piece of crap especially if you consider the price premium. I will mod it myself of dump it on ebay and grab something else.

I decided I preferred my iPad 2018 9.7" in its Spigen case so I ordered the correct Mavmount clamp for a cased iPad. I can tell you there is nothing short of actually taking it out intentionally that will get it out. No amount of leaning, shaking upside down, etc budges it at all. If anything I wish the spring pressure was slightly less when getting it out.

Protective Cases Clamp for iPad AIR 9.7", iPad Mini, Galaxy Tab Clamp 5"-7.3" (125-185mm) | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark and AIR iPad Tablet Adapter

Great product and no where near a "piece of crap". It is the most secure setup I have ever had the pleasure of using. Combined with a good harness, I even used it on a dirt bike for an Active Track session with no fear it would fall out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WD1WD48/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

YMMV

I decided I preferred my iPad 2018 9.7" in its Spigen case so I ordered the correct Mavmount clamp for a cased iPad. I can tell you there is nothing short of actually taking it out intentionally that will get it out. No amount of leaning, shaking upside down, etc budges it at all. If anything I wish the spring pressure was slightly less when getting it out.

Protective Cases Clamp for iPad AIR 9.7", iPad Mini, Galaxy Tab Clamp 5"-7.3" (125-185mm) | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark and AIR iPad Tablet Adapter

Great product and no where near a "piece of crap". It is the most secure setup I have ever had the pleasure of using. Combined with a good harness, I even used it on a dirt bike for an Active Track session with no fear it would fall out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WD1WD48/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

YMMV
To be clear I am not implying the MM would fall out but I have experienced it wiggling lose so you can feel it wobble. As I said, fall out, no, but can it develop an annoying wobble?.... on mine, yes and I expect better. I respect others may have a different view but for me I stand by my earlier comment its a piece of overly-hyped crap.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_