DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavmount alternative

Looks great! Exactly what I was going to do...except without the "bump" at the bottom-middle of plexiglass, where your cold shoe mount is. Why is it like that? My guess is balance. Will it not work if you made it flat...so that your plexiglass is a rectangular shape?
I really did not have a reason for the "bump" other than balance, but I am sure that it would work just fine without. One think that I am going to change is the cold shoe mount to a QR plate. This will add some weight but I found the cold shoe mount is difficult to release. I would also consider a sturdier ball head too.

41rU1TKX2CL._SL500_SS75_SS75_.jpg

Foto4easy Camera Camcorder Tripod Monopod Ball Head Quick Release QR Plate
by foto4easy
Link: http://a.co/gFRWXV6

I really did not have a reason for the "bump" other than balance, but I am sure that it would work just fine without. One think that I am going to change is the cold shoe mount to a QR plate. This will add some weight but I found the cold shoe mount is difficult to release. I would also consider a sturdier ball head too.

41rU1TKX2CL._SL500_SS75_SS75_.jpg

Foto4easy Camera Camcorder Tripod Monopod Ball Head Quick Release QR Plate
by foto4easy
Link: http://a.co/gFRWXV6

Lol...great minds think alike!!! I actually ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8MBCL8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought it was going to be small, but it's a bit larger...and slightly heavier than expected. :(

Let me know how the Foto4easy one works!

IMO it's to each his own. I have an iPad Air 2 and decided it was just not going to work for me with the Mavic. Although I have not gotten my Mavic yet I can see that the weight and balancing of it so far above the controller is not going to allow for smooth controller action over a 20 minute period. I am also unapologetic in saying I would like to see the mavic remotes screen and the buttons. Also If the tablet/phone software goes haywire I don't want to be trying to move a tablet to see whats really happening. Another thing that worries me is that the metal back of the tablet is reflecting the signal towards the ground and also you better not have your back to the aircraft when it's out at any great distance as a lot of the signal is blocked by the tablet.

After looking around at options I settled on buying an Iphone 6 Plus 64GB on eBay. Its an older model with 5.5" screen that will properly fit in the holders, it has a 1080P screen which matches the Mavics video. The unit will be dedicated so I can just flip my Sim in it or tether it to my regular phone and feel safe knowing that the only Apps on it will be for the Mavic. My Ipad is cluttered with apps LOL. Lastly the iPhone 6 Plus was known for having very good battery life so that will be great when using it with the Mavic.

Rob

IMO ??? not an acronym I'm familiar with

Getting the idea from someelse here I built my own iPad mount using an existing
3d printed mount and modifying it.

Purchased a ball mount for $7.99 and a iPad mount for $8.59 both from Amazon.

This setup is more solid than the popular mounts you can buy and comes in
at 7oz instead of 12oz.

What makes it more solid is the front of the 3D printed mount is thicker
at the front so it does not rock or wobble in the RC.

I can put this 3D mount on Thingiverse if anyone interested.

View attachment 4099

Hi leenaj.. can you make your 3D file available on thingiverse, I would love to be able to print it.cheers

V.3

I bought a PGY tech mount and it did not do a good job hold the weight of my iPad mini. So I bought a Joby mount on amazon which is very sold and attached it to the PGY base which is a nice aluminum pice and vola!

27aa7a7fcd0933eb3b45a55d3134ab3f.jpg
7ac7779834dbd53dc34460600e632512.jpg
c23b118a7c10640a1151f2454a0aeead.jpg
2c49b25d9193c194262ce4c817afae3c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I used a 3D printed plate and the DJI tablet holder from my P3. It's well balanced with a lanyard. I tried everything including the Pgytech one and I like my Frenkinmount the best.;)
The stock P3, P4, or Inspire mount (with the metal bracket) is very sturdy and fits tablets up to 9.7" iPad. This is a Shield tablet that I prefer to use.
IMG_0100.JPG
No offense toward Mavmount, but if they had one universal tablet holder I might be willing to try it.
BTW, there is no need to be looking at the RC screen if your using a phone or tablet!:confused:

Reactions: dirkclod
Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Pro Tablet Adapter Plate Holder for remote control (CNC ALUMINUM, ANODIZED BLACK): Camera & Photo

It's CNC aluminum and had good reviews. I already had a spare tablet mount from my recently sold Phantom 3, so this option made the most sense to me. It only weighs 4.8oz without the OEM DJI tablet holder. And I can clip my DJI harness to it. Win win in my book. I just need a Mavic now. ...

I ordered this same setup and love it, just wish the DJI mount would open 1/2" wider so it wiuld accomodate my Samsung Tab S2 9.7 with the case on.

I'm loving the MavMount with my iPad Air2. I did make one change that I think balances the controller and IPad well and holds it securely. Not that the XL version was not secure, it was, but I didn't like how high the iPad Air2 sat above the controller. I bought a Joby tablet tripod mount and now it balances perfectly in my hands and keeps the screen in just the right spot while flying the Mavic. Plus the mount is metal and feels very sturdy which is a nice compliment to the all metal MavMount.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc