DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavMount

I’m looking for a device that would allow me to mount a Mavic Air controller (and iPad) to a tripod. On these photos, the 1/4’ 20 hole on the MavMount appears to close to controller to allow a tripod plate to fit. Has anyone tried to mount this to a tripod?
That's two ways that I see allot of people using the mavmount on tripods. 1 is if your tripod plate works out, you can go straight on. If not, what allot of people do is put the mavmount on the tripod, but hold the controller in your hands using the length of the cord. This allows comfortable flying, without the weight of the screen at all.

The other is to use a ballhead on the tripod, to the bottom of the mavmount, so you can adjust it on the tripod at a comfortable angle. This also lets you adapt to plates and yes, give some extra space.

Hippie this helps!

That's two ways that I see allot of people using the mavmount on tripods. 1 is if your tripod plate works out, you can go straight on. If not, what allot of people do is put the mavmount on the tripod, but hold the controller in your hands using the length of the cord. This allows comfortable flying, without the weight of the screen at all.

The other is to use a ballhead on the tripod, to the bottom of the mavmount, so you can adjust it on the tripod at a comfortable angle. This also lets you adapt to plates and yes, give some extra space.

Hippie this helps!
Thank you.

I didn’t consider the ballhead. That would be a good option for me if mounting directly to the tripod plate doesn’t work. I only have use of 1 hand (stroke) and need something to hold the controller too. I’m trying to see if I can adapt this gear for my disability as I really need a hobby and I have been fascinated with drones for years. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you.

I didn’t consider the ballhead. That would be a good option for me if mounting directly to the tripod plate doesn’t work. I only have use of 1 hand (stroke) and need something to hold the controller too. I’m trying to see if I can adapt this gear for my disability as I really need a hobby and I have been fascinated with drones for years. Again, thanks for the suggestion.
Sure thing, I've had so many people come to me with disabilities who use this as a tool, I think it's great! Message me on mavmount.com contact page with your order number and I'll get you an extra ballhead on me. Enjoy flying!

I just did something off the top of my head and it may be a solution. I put a Mavic 2 Pro into a tripod holder for a DJI Inspire 2 I bought on ebay for about $70. Here are some photos. You can mount it on a tripod, you can carry it by the handle and shoot with it, and maybe you could even take off from it off a surface or tripod. I could have folded the arms but this way you could fly and quickly continue the shot on a gimbal with a tripod adapter and so forth - the possibilities seem interesting!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6033.jpg
    IMG_6033.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6032.jpg
    IMG_6032.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6031.jpg
    IMG_6031.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6030.jpg
    IMG_6030.jpg