DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavMount

Hopefully the owner of Mavmount sees that my post here helped you decide to buy from them!!

......and then he decides to send me a free lanyard and clip for my Mavmount as a thank you!! Haha.

Reactions: fozzzy
I was going to go for the pgytech mount but after seeing the mavmount and hearing all the great reviews. I'm ordering one today to use with my iPad 4 mini.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerial West
Just got my mavmount in the mail today... I've gotta say it is awesome.. I was skeptical but it's amazing. Hold my tablet Firm and doesn't move. Will even fit a full sized iPad!
I opted for the Otterbox box clamp, lanyard kit and blue base.
The base has some scuffs I think from shipping (wasn't packaged as nice as it should have been for the cost)
But it doesn't move at all. .gets a little bulky but the Lanyard will help there.

View attachment 43661

View attachment 43662

View attachment 43663
View attachment 43664
Is that some kind of antenna booster on the front of your rC?

44ed48e35075818e03302cf6e3dc9eab.jpg

Just got my Mavmount and a ipad mini 4. Everything for $200 bucks.

My only issue is that it doesn't tighten/secure very well against the otterbox clamp and will start to rotate slightly. It is as if the rubber covered tightening ring gets lose if you know what i mean.

My only issue is that it doesn't tighten/secure very well against the otterbox clamp and will start to rotate slightly. It is as if the rubber covered tightening ring gets lose if you know what i mean.

No problems on my end...

I use the same setup and as NATEHAWK has already said, I have no issues either.

When I screw on the otterbox clamp I get it finger tight then turn the locking collar to stop it moving. The locking collar is on the threaded mount you screw the clamp onto.

In fact, if you turn both the mount and the collar once you have got the mount finger tight then they both get incredibly tight.

Takes a bit of effort to get the mount off.

I got a Mavmount 3.0 delivered today. I manged to get it on ebay, used for just £40. In my opinion the Mavmount is well overpriced for what it is. The base is well made and fit the controller well and... That's it. The rest is just cheap stuff from China. The ball head (£3.25 - £6.50)is impossible to tighten enough to stop the movement, and the exact tablet/phone mounts you can get from AliExpress for £0.49 - £1.99 a piece (even cheaper in bulk). I am glad I didn't paid the full price, around £80 delivered to UK.
I have scrapped the ball head and fitted more stable, easier to adjust, less than half in weight and much smaller mount...
IMG_20190128_190557.jpegIMG_20190128_210815.jpegIMG_20190128_210806.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20190128_210815.jpeg
    IMG_20190128_210815.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: mad monkey
Sounds as if the ball-head was faulty, not surprised you got it cheap.

cheers , the only thing thats put me off ordering is postage times but 6 days is superb from the US
Ive seen it vary from 6-14 days typically for international orders.

I’m looking for a device that would allow me to mount a Mavic Air controller (and iPad) to a tripod. On these photos, the 1/4’ 20 hole on the MavMount appears to close to controller to allow a tripod plate to fit. Has anyone tried to mount this to a tripod?

I got a Mavmount 3.0 delivered today. I manged to get it on ebay, used for just £40. In my opinion the Mavmount is well overpriced for what it is. The base is well made and fit the controller well and... That's it. The rest is just cheap stuff from China. The ball head (£3.25 - £6.50)is impossible to tighten enough to stop the movement, and the exact tablet/phone mounts you can get from AliExpress for £0.49 - £1.99 a piece (even cheaper in bulk). I am glad I didn't paid the full price, around £80 delivered to UK.
I have scrapped the ball head and fitted more stable, easier to adjust, less than half in weight and much smaller mount...
View attachment 60850View attachment 60851View attachment 60853
It sounds as if you may have got one of the counterfeit mavmounts that drone world made. They had our quality ball head mounts. We do not sell on eBay.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929