DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum range

grignard

Reactions
What flight range are people getting with their mavic airs?
I am getting about 3500 feet, and then i get a loss of signal message
and a RTH message which i do immediately.
Grignard

You tube is full of answers..

Reactions: The Editor
im amazed you can still see it at that distance must have very good eyesight nuff said

People don’t care about regulations anymore.
Those of us who are safe, responsible, and professional certainly do.

im amazed you can still see it at that distance must have very good eyesight nuff said
He can’t.

Human visual acuity or spatial resolution is around 1 arc second or 1/60degree which the Mavic Air would appear smaller than at those distances.

Also, since the OP is UK based he is regulated by law to VLOS or 500m whichever less.

Definitely nuff said!

this subject of range of our UAVs will go on and on and on,we are very fortunate to be able to fly our drones a good distance without loosing connection ,even more so with Ocusync ,just because they can go beyond VLOS, does not mean that we have to do it ,the whole idea of VLOS is purely based on a safe flying environment for both us and other air space users,i am struggling to see mine a around 1200 ft,and if i go out to my max setting of 500 meters 1645 ft, i can with the help of my flashing add on nav lights just make it out in low light conditions

Reactions: Dragonfly
I agree with Mr. Old Man Mavic and with Mr. Bill Combs. Many people have asked me "how far will it go?" . I tell them "as far as I can see it". As far as I'm concerned, the rules fall into the category of common sense. If we fly beyond VLOS, we don't know if we're jeopardizing the safety of others and we're taking a big risk in losing our expensive toy. For those of you who break the sensible rules, please post your videos on Youtube. I hope the FAA sees them and responds. That would help those of us who fly responsibly and would help the image of the entire drone community.

I agree with Mr. Old Man Mavic and with Mr. Bill Combs. Many people have asked me "how far will it go?" . I tell them "as far as I can see it". As far as I'm concerned, the rules fall into the category of common sense. If we fly beyond VLOS, we don't know if we're jeopardizing the safety of others and we're taking a big risk in losing our expensive toy. For those of you who break the sensible rules, please post your videos on Youtube. I hope the FAA sees them and responds. That would help those of us who fly responsibly and would help the image of the entire drone community.
well said and thanks for your comments

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes