DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

May I vent?

Jeff2020

Reactions
I'll get right to the point:

1. I am in the market for a MA2
2. I saw on the DJI Store that they are having a Black Friday Sale 20-30 November (See Exhibit A)
3. I have been waiting and waiting for the 20th to see the savings I will be receiving
4. I looked this morning and was confused by what I saw (See Exhibit B)

Hence my need to vent!

$18 freaking dollars and a bag?
That's my Black Friday Sale savings??

Maybe I don't understand. Maybe it's a joke. Maybe it's April 1st somewhere in the world? Maybe DJI got hacked?

Can someone please fill me in?
Is this the "normal" DJI Black Friday Sale model?
I've never looked to buy anything from DJI so I truly am not sure....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

PS Can anyone tell me if I will pay shipping or sales tax if I order direct from DJI (maybe I can save a little bit there since the sale really doesn't help the bottom line....)

Attachments

• Exhibit A.jpg
    Exhibit A.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Exhibit B.jpg
    Exhibit B.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
It did say UP TO 46% off not you would get anywhere near that, con to get you looking ?
Unfortunately it the same with lots of sale offers all over the place.
Thanks CYBORG for the reply... while I will not say I am crushed by the "UP TO" disclaimer, I am disappointed. And although I am no math guru.... I calculate the Black Friday Sale to equate to a 2% sale savings..... I don't think that it was even worth posting to their website.... any info on the shipping or tax question in the post PS?

Thanks CYBORG for the reply... while I will not say I am crushed by the "UP TO" disclaimer, I am disappointed. And although I am no math guru.... I calculate the Black Friday Sale to equate to a 2% sale savings..... I don't think that it was even worth posting to their website.... any info on the shipping or tax question in the post PS?

No shipping or sales tax when you order direct from DJI.

I prefer to order from B&H Photo though, rather than DJI. I have their B&H's PayBoo card which instantly rebates me the sales tax so the pricing is the same and I don't end up having to deal with DJI's customer service.

The first time I ordered from DJI I was a little worried if I would get import tax but it was shipped from somewhere in the UK, a plus on two counts – no import tax & fast delivery.

This is the reality for a high-demand product; you can see that from the prices that USED/OPEN BOX items are commanding. I don't regret getting mine (for a small savings) a couple months ago...as I have been enjoying it before the weather gets bad!

I was looking for the pocket-2 to go on sale as well. Oh, well. I didn't bother trying to find what was on sale for 47% off. Maybe a hat or something?

2. I saw on the DJI Store that they are having a Black Friday Sale 20-30 November (See Exhibit A)
3. I have been waiting and waiting for the 20th to see the savings I will be receiving

Hence my
need to vent!
[/COLOR

No sales tax or shipping so yes u save more by buying from dji

Maybe I don't understand. Maybe it's a joke. Maybe it's April 1st somewhere in the world? Maybe DJI got hacked?

PS Can anyone tell me if I will pay shipping or sales tax if I order direct from DJI (maybe I can save a little bit there since the sale really doesn't help the bottom line....)

No shipping or sales tax when you order direct from DJI.

I prefer to order from B&H Photo though, rather than DJI. I have their B&H's PayBoo card which instantly rebates me the sales tax so the pricing is the same and I don't end up having to deal with DJI's customer service.
Thanks dawgpilot.... I'll look at B&H. I've purchased stuff through them before, I'll have to see if they have a military discount I can apply..... if not then I think I'll stick with DJI as I should qualify for their educational discount which will be 10% off the MA2... plus no tax or shipping.... I'm on a tight budget so anywhere I can trim will help..... thanks again!

You have a right to feel however you feel but the air 2 is still a new ish, in demand product and to me youre angry because they didn't give you a gift they never owed you in the first place [emoji1745]
Tracking Jesse what you're saying.... so I'm not really angry.... unimpressed may be a more accurate depiction of my feeling regarding a 2% sale. To me, if you're going to say sale, then live up to it.... make it a sale. Giving 2% and a tote just seems silly to me. I'm not being ungrateful or "entitled".... just honest and practical. Maybe I just have a different concept of the word sale.... anyway I'm over it and am planning my best course of action to reduce the cost in purchasing a new MA2. Thanks though for sharing your thoughts....

Ordering from DJI will not automatically save you on taxes. It depends on the state(USA) that you reside. If you order a drone for delivery in California, you will be charged taxes, regardless of the website utilized.

Ahhhh.... I did not know that... thanks Tony....
I’ve checked Florida. They do not charge tax, so you can look to save money on shipping only.

Reactions: Jeff2020
Try looking at it this way: I paid $988 for the MA2 Fly More Combo, then bought the DJI Care Refresh for an additional $79. So “The Deal” is that you’re getting DJI Care Refresh at 23% Off AND a FREE canvas bag!! Now THAT’S a deal!!

Last edited:

Hence my need to vent!

Although the actual savings is paltry, you will definitely save on sales tax (none) which in my case (7%) would amount to a considerable savings. I have ordered several items from DJI in China and have received them within a week without tax or shipping. Be be sure to order your fly more kit and your refresh plan within 48 hours.

Reactions: Jeff2020
I was expecting that they would send one free to the first 500 who called... Well I wasn't really...DJI is not big on deep discounts but they put out a product at a fair price and when they put out a new model it's actually new.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78