DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe drones arenā€™t for where I live. šŸ™„

Hope you get it fixed. In my early days I had a couple fall and smash on the ground becuase of ESC problems. Not a nice feeling watching your investment smash all over the ground.
Amazing what can get broken in a crash. ESCā€™s all misplaced from holders, camera ribbon cable connector broken. To top it off it appears this was a refurb unit as the gimbal motor wire were poorly soldered to the board rather than in the plug where they belonged.

Mike

I think it's windy all over the place now. We have been in a wind surge for the past 2 weeks around here - Southeastern Pennsylvania. I know it's spring but it seems pretty consistently windy these days. Today I finally got a day that my app said "Good to Fly". Off I go.Good to Fly1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Skwirl and RH009
Wasn't sure what i would find in this thread. I laughed when i saw the post. I am in the exact same situation as you. Its 75% wind. And when its not wind its too cold. Gotta love Canada!

Reactions: slozukimc
Wasn't sure what i would find in this thread. I laughed when i saw the post. I am in the exact same situation as you. Its 75% wind. And when its not wind its too cold. Gotta love Canada!
Yup. Same deal. Except today. It is perfect flying weather and I have had such bad luck with drones and basically everything lately that I just packed up the Platinum after making sure all of the batteries are safe from over discharging and put it away because I canā€™t even enjoy it for fear of something bad happening.
I guess Iā€™ll spend the day cleaning up the yard. That seems relatively safe. šŸ™„

Mike

I agree with you that they often seem to be flying just for the joy of it.

My father used to say that if reincarnation was real, he'd want to come back as a hawk, falcon, eagle, or dolphin. I remember that most every time I see one of those critters whooping it up.
There's footage of a bird that repeatedly carried a flat piece of wood to the peak of a rooftop, stepped onto it and rode it down to the bottom, picked it up, carried it to the top, and did all over again...and again...and again. They are not above having fun for fun's sake. I'll try to find a link for it when I get a little time and post back here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM