DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Members are my friends.

Former Member

Reactions
Over the past few years, I have made some great friends, both cyber and in person through drones. As I get older, and dont go to places like school, parties, etc, it's hard to find people of the same interests to befriend. The drone community is full of like minded people, and its so great to meet everyone and share stories. DSAR (Drone Search and Rescue) was one, and we all met, had a great time, shared our common interests and stories, and got to see all the shiny new equipment that other people had (that we had to have too!)

Drone flying is sometimes a solitary hobby. When I flew RC for decades, we all gathered at the flying field, socialized, spent the whole day together, and made a day of it. These days, we can meet anywhere thats not an NFZ, and get our jollies. No more club membership fees, no more driving an hour to get to the flying field, no more getting there and having it be raining or be too windy to fly. I do miss the camaraderie of the flying field, but I guess being able to fly my drone where I want, when I want has it's price.

Flying a drone, to me, is like owning a full scale aircraft without all the fuss. Plus, I can stand on the ground and watch the drone do its thing without having to be inside of it. Its the next best thing.

For more info on Drone Search and Rescue, visit Dronesar

I can just imagine us at a party......
Too bad you are far dude! I'm in the younger crowd but I care less on age. As long as you are mellow and sane and handle approaching people respectfully... I'd fly anytime with you. Agree on drone flying being a lonely hobby but it has its perks. Sometimes being alone is so much better than the crowd. I suggest you buy the googles so you get a FPV of the flight. It adds a level of technology that people get more curious than angry. Of you are ever in CA... Send me a pm. I will be scouting for safe fly zones that are legal and away from angry people.

Reactions: Former Member
Too bad you are far dude! I'm in the younger crowd but I care less on age. As long as you are mellow and sane and handle approaching people respectfully... I'd fly anytime with you. Agree on drone flying being a lonely hobby but it has its perks. Sometimes being alone is so much better than the crowd. I suggest you buy the googles so you get a FPV of the flight. It adds a level of technology that people get more curious than angry. Of you are ever in CA... Send me a pm. I will be scouting for safe fly zones that are legal and away from angry people.

That’s actually me dancing with the white beard, I do very well Christmas season, fully booked up? na don’t need those goggles, I’m as blind as a bat, use my wife as my spotter, she’s a bit older than me but she drives her mobility scooter hard to keep VLOS? Bless her.

That’s actually me dancing with the white beard, I do very well Christmas season, fully booked up? na don’t need those goggles, I’m as blind as a bat, use my wife as my spotter, she’s a bit older than me but she drives her mobility scooter hard to keep VLOS? Bless her.
Haha.... Funny dude! You are alright. I'm all for meeting new people to fly.... As long as the drama stays behind its a go. I have tons of friends from all ages and I hate people in general. What a spot to be in! But noticed my older peers are my type to hang out with. Less drama and great stories.

Yeah I’m not bad for my age of 89, but I fill like a “born again teenager”
Dude... Good for you. Keep active.... Drones will benefit you. And don't stop..... Stay active with the mind. My gf step mom's Grammy went to 98 with a 100percent intact mind. She was constantly doing stuff and not just sitting around. We were amazed. Sadly she passed but went happy. I hope I to the same way.

Dude... Good for you. Keep active.... Drones will benefit you. And don't stop..... Stay active with the mind. My gf step mom's Grammy went to 98 with a 100percent intact mind. She was constantly doing stuff and not just sitting around. We were amazed. Sadly she passed but went happy. I hope I to the same way.

Sorry to hear about your sad loss.? My wife and I have just bought one of those double seater scooter thingy’s with a basket on the front, for my drone. Got a puncture at my flying area, both had to walk home, 4 miles......... bloody killed us?? but she went back a repaired it while I had a cup o tea?

Yeah I’m not bad for my age of 89, but I fill like a “born again teenager”

Hold on a second. Let me do some math. Youre 89 (lol) and @old man mavic is your dad. Lets say he matured early and had you when he was 11 years old. That would make his birthday this year a centennial!

Last edited:
Hold on a second. Let me do some math. Youre 89 (lol) and @old man mavic is your dad. Lets say he matured early and had you when he was 11 years old. That would make his birthday this year a centennial!

Shhhhhhhhhh don’t tell anyone, oh you just have.. he was an early starter, you’re right rob???

Must remember to buy him a birthday card this year?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54