DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Message regarding braking

NeilF

Reactions
Hi I was flying yesterday and a message in yellow came up on the screen - it flashed up something to do about braking - bring sticks together. The Mavic seemed to brake hard at the end of travelling a short distance. I landed took off again and have not had the messages show.
Can anyone let me know what was causing this?
Sorry for the vagueness but message only appeared very quickly.

It sounds like false obstacle detection, usually low sun directly ahead.
It will brake and may not move forward until you turn or move sideways.
Pulling sticks inwards is close to the stop motors command so unwise - but it shouldn't stop in the air unless settings have been changed.

did you took the plastics off the front sensors? were you flying towards the sun? there’s some threads on here regarding this matter

switching into sports mode will disable the forward sensors this a good way to test if it is indeed the forward sensors.

Check the flight log on the app, should show the message.
Thank you - have just checked this - says braking now return sticks to mid point - continue flying. Looking at the flight log I could have been pointing at the rising sun. Thank you for your assistance.

did you took the plastics off the front sensors? were you flying towards the sun? there’s some threads on here regarding this matter
Plastic off ....have checked threads looks like I was pointing into the low sun rise. Thank you.

It sounds like false obstacle detection, usually low sun directly ahead.
It will brake and may not move forward until you turn or move sideways.
Pulling sticks inwards is close to the stop motors command so unwise - but it shouldn't stop in the air unless settings have been changed.
Thank you I have looked at log and direction I was pointing and I could well have been pointing at rising sun. I did not do what it said as I thought that was close to emergency stop - which I have set to breakdown. Thank you for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings