DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miami Sunrise 3-12-2020

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
In stressful times, we all need a bit of calming. Here is a brief 1.47 minute video of a site near my home where I can go to watch the sun rise over Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The filming was done on several mornings and shows various views; Filming was done with the following;
1. Nikon D750 with 28-30mm f/3.5-5.6 lens and 3 stop ND filter +Really Right Stuff tripod
2. Osmo Pocket on timelapse mode
3. Osmo Action video camera. on timelapse mode
4. iPhone 11 amp pro (road scene)
5. DJI Mavic 2 Pro
Video was edited in Adobe Premiere Pro, music by musicbded.com

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning views, deep and peaceful, nice musical score.

Reactions: Dale D
Absolutely stunning views, deep and peaceful, nice musical score.
Thanks so much member 80116 from Italy. Hope you and your family is doing well with the virus pandemic.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: m80116
Wow, how do I say I HATE YOU!!!!!!! Seriously only joking, HONEST. I was getting to go to a Conference with my Wife this year, end of April in Miami. With the COVID-19 outbreak our 4 days of Conference and then another week and a half in the Keys got cancelled. I’ve been to Florida 15 or so times but never further than West Palm Beach. I was waiting to get up super early with my Air and going down to the beach behind our hotel and shooting that beautiful Sunrise and Sunset at night. I wanted to cry. Then into the Keys, Key Largo and onto Key West. I couldn’t wait to see water that blue. Just me and my Bride of 37 years, we‘re only 58 so it was just going to be a blast memories forever. Congrats! That’s stunning. I’m not a public people person so on the beach alone was going to be heaven. Maybe next year. I’d say I’ll hold my breath but I couldn’t last that long.

Wow, how do I say I HATE YOU!!!!!!! Seriously only joking, HONEST. I was getting to go to a Conference with my Wife this year, end of April in Miami. With the COVID-19 outbreak our 4 days of Conference and then another week and a half in the Keys got cancelled. I’ve been to Florida 15 or so times but never further than West Palm Beach. I was waiting to get up super early with my Air and going down to the beach behind our hotel and shooting that beautiful Sunrise and Sunset at night. I wanted to cry. Then into the Keys, Key Largo and onto Key West. I couldn’t wait to see water that blue. Just me and my Bride of 37 years, we‘re only 58 so it was just going to be a blast memories forever. Congrats! That’s stunning. I’m not a public people person so on the beach alone was going to be heaven. Maybe next year. I’d say I’ll hold my breath but I couldn’t last that long.
Hi Harle83. Sorry. I too, have just canceled a $7000 photography trip to the red rock country of Utah and Arizona, including Monument Valley, Moab, and Sedona with a luxe stay at Enchantment Resort. Still stuck with the $800 worth of airline tickets which must be used by Nov. 25.

Florida will not be going away. It will be here waiting for you when the pandemic is over. Actually, my film was mainly a timelapse show, with only the single drone shot (Mavic 2 Pro) as I rose over the palm tree. A few tips.There really is no sunset from any site on the east coast of Florida. For sunsets, you need to be in the keys or the west coast. The sunrises are good though. Plan your trip no later than April because the heat, humidity and bugs are bad after April. March is probably better for conditions. Be sure to check your Airmap app before flying. It is surprising how many restricted installations are here. My home is barely out of the pink zone of Miami International Airport, and of course, there is a lot of military in the Key West area as well as the Key West Airport. Careful flying in the Keys. You might also be interested in other Miami and Everglades footage which might give you some filming ideas- go to my vimeo site for further South Florida scenes. Click here. Dale Davis

Lovely!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mavick63