DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miamisburg, OH

Sounds good... Looks like we have a nice size crowd to gather up and help each other out and share experiences and knowledge.

We may have to make a gathering at a different location though. From what I've heard... Ceasers Creek State Park is actually either owned or leased by Army Core Engineers because of the dam. So it is prohibited from flying drones. That said, I've seen people fly them and I almost did and got rained out prior to hearing these news from a Park Ranger.

There is a state Park lake not far from there with lots of space which is same distance from i71 and centered between Cincinnati, Columbus and Dayton which would be great for anyone in those 3 big cities.

The lake is called COWAN LAKE near Wilmington, Ohio. There are no restrictions like the ones at Ceasers Creek and we have a lot of open space to fly and try things.

Just wondering if you guys are still interested in that idea. I'd like to try and setup something maybe in April on a weekend that I'm off. I'm familiar with the area and good friends with many of the Park Rangers in this area since I'm in Law enforcement myself I know them personally.

Let me know if your interested I'll start looking into arrangements.

Sounds good... Looks like we have a nice size crowd to gather up and help each other out and share experiences and knowledge.

We may have to make a gathering at a different location though. From what I've heard... Ceasers Creek State Park is actually either owned or leased by Army Core Engineers because of the dam. So it is prohibited from flying drones. That said, I've seen people fly them and I almost did and got rained out prior to hearing these news from a Park Ranger.

There is a state Park lake not far from there with lots of space which is same distance from i71 and centered between Cincinnati, Columbus and Dayton which would be great for anyone in those 3 big cities.

The lake is called COWAN LAKE near Wilmington, Ohio. There are no restrictions like the ones at Ceasers Creek and we have a lot of open space to fly and try things.

Just wondering if you guys are still interested in that idea. I'd like to try and setup something maybe in April on a weekend that I'm off. I'm familiar with the area and good friends with many of the Park Rangers in this area since I'm in Law enforcement myself I know them personally.

Let me know if your interested I'll start looking into arrangements.

I'm down for that but the weekend of April 8th not good for me. Any other weekend with decent weather and I'd love to get together.

What are your settings for video and what editing software do you use to enhance your video's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Been using DaVinci Resolve. It's a free download.

If weather permits we can try and gather up the weekend of the 15th.

I didn't even realize (overlooked)... 15th is Easter weekend. Probably not a good date to choose. May have to look ahead a little more. I have family coming to my house that weekend. Sorry.

Hi everyone, had mine a week and it's been rainy almost every day. Got firmware all upgraded but waiting for good weather. I'm located in Sidney Oh..

Hi everyone, had mine a week and it's been rainy almost every day. Got firmware all upgraded but waiting for good weather. I'm located in Sidney Oh..

Yeah been grounded for a week now.

You can pop the props off (to be safe) and run the simulator.

I'm in the Jacksontown/Thornville area myself. I'm about 35 miles east of Columbus but willing to travel to meet up - I am brand new at this and have only had a handful of flights.

I was hoping to get something together to meet at Cowan Lake which is a centralized spot for many but weather has not been forgiving as you well know with all the rain and wind. Unfortunately I'm gonna be leaving for Spain on family vacation until mid June. So I will try and get something planned once I return for those still wanting to meet up. In the meantime fly safe and practice up.

Best regards,
Mike

I'm in West Chester, myself. Haven't found any drone-friendly spots to fly in a half hour drive.

I just got into this drone flying a month ago and have a P4 and mavic. If you are looking for a different place to fly I have 43 acres of rolling land and 2 grass air strips for my ultralight.
Shoot im looking for a place to Target shoot you have a range on them acres? Im just east of Akron

Akron Ohio, Im game for meets to fly., Target shoot, or campfires, have 3 kids if you have lil ones too mine are 5,7 and 9. Just east of Akron.,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest