DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro Drone Practice with ATTI mode

BONHOY

Reactions
Hi All.

Fairly new flyer here (15-20 hours non commercial) I've just passed my theory and practical using the Air. There's a good possibility I'm going to be using it in conjunction with something perhaps a bit bigger, such as the inspire 2. The Air doesn't boast the ATTI mode and my instructor suggested getting something small I can fly around the house to hone my skills and practice reactions, so I need something that's not going to be grabbing a GPS signal. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

I'm in the UK (if that makes any difference)

Thanks!

The Tello has a vision positioning system, which wouldn't let it fly in Atti mode indoors (unless it can be turned off). But if the OP is just looking for something simple to practice flying in Atti, I'd suggest something cheap off Amazon. You can get a Syma X5 for like $35 US, which is a good deal cheaper than the Tello. It's also somewhat bigger and feels more like a normal drone.

Parrot Mambo all the way. They have a few versions - just make sure you get the Flypad remote.

Reactions: BossBob
TBH, those little toy drones for $20 are probably hardest to fly, at least some of them are. They definitely fly ATTI only, and no matter how hard i try to trim it, mine just never gets any near stable. More realistic (and really easy to fly) experience would be something like Syma X5C, another toy drone (about $50). And BTW, don't know about Air, but Mavic Pro can be forced into ATTI by modifying some debug params (Google it, dont ask here, this forum is notoriously anti all kind of non-DJI approved modifications). Its quite stable in ATTI, though - don't expect much of a challenge flying it this way.

Hi All.

.. suggested getting something small I can fly around the house to hone my skills and practice reactions, so I need something that's not going to be grabbing a GPS signal.

I'm in the UK (if that makes any difference)

Thanks!

I hunted for something for the same reasons - This was cheap and has exactly the same joystick functions as the Mavic Pro Mode 2... I found it brilliant to manoeuvre around the house, and dodge obstructions... it has prop guards too.. great fun (you don't need the camera one, just the basic version)

It is stable out the box (almost like a MP) and very stable once calibrated using the right 4-way paddle... read the manual fully first... important info there - battery lasts me 7 mins, charges in about 30

http://amzn.eu/bLJTcTm

Last edited:
buy a phantom 3 for atti mode,big difference using toy drones and price difference isnt really that much.

buy a phantom 3 for atti mode,big difference using toy drones and price difference isnt really that much.
"something small I can fly around the house" [emoji15]

Reactions: borislip
Last edited:
I learned the basics of how to fly on a cheerson cx-10. Very small, cheap and virtually indestructible. I crashed it so many times and it still works great. The good things about it is that it's so small you dont need a lot of room to fly it. But you will still learn how to fly manually. No assistance on these guys. It's all you. No sensors whatsoever.

Reactions: VortexSpin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580