DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD card for Air 2

So I just got this sd card from Best buy to use with the MA2. This won't work too well then? If not, why exactly? It's a class 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200509-173800_Best Buy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509-173800_Best Buy.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 37
So I just got this sd card from Best buy to use with the MA2. This won't work too well then? If not, why exactly? It's a class 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200509-173800_Best Buy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509-173800_Best Buy.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 18
The writing speed is too slow for 4K video recording. Check my reply and you will able to find the list that DJI recommends

Reactions: Ztopgun28
I just bought a 128gb SanDisk U3. It was the same card that was offered by DJI when ordering the MA2 (in 64gb option too) but was nearly half the price from Amazon, as expected.

I’m not too worried about losing footage to be honest, most of it probably won’t be very good until I’ve got some more practice anyway ? but having multiple cards seems like a logical, practical and sensible idea. I’ll probably order another card at some point in the future.

I just bought a 128gb SanDisk U3. It was the same card that was offered by DJI when ordering the MA2 (in 64gb option too) but was nearly half the price from Amazon, as expected.

I’m not too worried about losing footage to be honest, most of it probably won’t be very good until I’ve got some more practice anyway ? but having multiple cards seems like a logical, practical and sensible idea. I’ll probably order another card at some point in the future.
That makes sense. Don't forget to change your sd card when you change the battery so you won't lose your footage.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I used a Mavic Air 2 and a SanDisk Extreme 512 GB microSDXC without any issues and demonstrate multiple formatting operations being executed via the DJI on-board control (app). Please reference my YouTube URL for demonstration if you would like. I receive no kick-back and am in no way promoting or affiliated or the like with DJI, Amazon, or SanDisk, or Youtube (or the like).

URL Demonstration: Demonstration of 512 GB microSDXC in DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone

Sincerely,

Synapse

There's only one format option there: format. The only choices you have is which storage to format: the SD card, the internal storage or both.

The AC will format FAT32 for cards 32GB or less, ExFAT for bigger cards. No choice in the matter.

Below that is the max number of GB it will use on your phone for cache video. When it reaches that size, oldest cache video is deleted. This has nothing to do with how the SD card on the AC is used.

I used a Mavic Air 2 and a SanDisk Extreme 512 GB microSDXC without any issues and demonstrate multiple formatting operations being executed via the DJI on-board control (app). Please reference my YouTube URL for demonstration if you would like. I receive no kick-back and am in no way promoting or affiliated or the like with DJI, Amazon, or SanDisk, or Youtube (or the like).

URL Demonstration: Demonstration of 512 GB microSDXC in DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone

Sincerely,

Synapse
I know it is not on the list of recommended but I see that it is possible to use 512Gb for MA2
Is this information credible?

I use a 128GB extreme plus

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone