DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro Sd card format?

Live LA

Reactions
Hey guys super rookie mistake I forgot to format the SD card in my smart controller and my M2P I guess I got a little excited put the cards in and started recording. Because of that some of my files won’t transfer and when I plug in my micro SD card to my computer it says the card is not recognizable how do I format the SD card get the data backed up and saved and then reformat the card. How do I do this without deleting all of my media. Sorry if this is a stupid question have some amazing videos from Hawaii I really don’t wanna lose them. Thanks guys

You will have to recover the files on the SD card before you format it, after formatting it will show as empty.

Can you plug your drone directly into your computer to transfer the files? My microSD cards are formatted with exFAT.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Hey guys super rookie mistake I forgot to format the SD card in my smart controller and my M2P I guess I got a little excited put the cards in and started recording.
That's probably not your problem.
SD cards usually come pre-formatted and if there was an issue, the drone would have complained about it with a message about an invalid SD card.

You will have to recover the files on the SD card before you format it, after formatting it will show as empty.
Right, how do I recover it in order to re format it when my mac says unreadable disk?

Did you try what dawgpilot says ?

“Can you plug your drone directly into your computer to transfer the files? My microSD cards are formatted with exFAT. “

I'm a bit puzzled because OSX has supported exFAT since OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard so it shouldn't be an issue that the card is formatted this way. What exactly is the PC and how are you connecting the card to the PC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok