DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card

Stealthbomber

Reactions
New to the Mavic air. First flight this evening. I have a 64GB card in the drone. Set the recording only to the card and not the internal memory. Took a few pics and a short video. Came inside and hooked my iPhone to the drone using the DJI supplied type C to USB cord plugged to my USB to lightning connector. Says No pics to import. So im thinking using this method it will only read the drones internal memory and not whats on the card?! If so I guess I’ll have to get a lightning card reader and will have to remove the card from the drone every time?! A laptop is not an option for me. Just an iPad or iPhone.

If so I guess I’ll have to get a lightning card reader and will have to remove the card from the drone every time?! A laptop is not an option for me. Just an iPad or iPhone.

Use a PC to read my micro SD card (removed from drone). B-U-T I saw a video that Drone Valley just published using a device they created that does exactly what you can use on your iPhone or iPad to read your SD card.

2 minutes 50 seconds into video is apple device.

The first card reader that I purchased was not an apple product and was totally disappointed. I can’t say anything about the one in the above post as I have no knowledge of how it works. I can say that the Apple card reader has never failed.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Consider the AC's behavior when connected to a PC. With a card installed on the AC, the PC shows two, not just one storage. One is the internal 8GB storage, the other the SD card. IOS might not be able to handle two USB drives coming through the same USB connection.
Add to that the AC can present itself as a network device on the USB connection for certain Assistant tasks.

B-U-T I saw a video that Drone Valley just published using a device they created that does exactly what you can use on your iPhone or iPad to read your SD card.
It's just a rebranded memory card reader. They are also available here on Amazon for much less:

1565871480105.png

I have the same thing, branded as an "iDiskk". (Yes, two "k"s).

I think your drone has to be powered for the USB connection to work, although I'm not sure because I always remove the memory card and then use that. My drone came with a USB memory card reader, so if your device has a USB slot, you could remove the uSD card from the drone and then insert it into a reader which plugs into your device.

Yep went and got an SD card reader. $40CDN for the Apple one. It works perfectly. Only thing I don’t like is removing that little card from the AC. Its a challenge to get it to pop out with my fingernail and then trying to grip it! May go and find a small pair of plastic tweezers to assist me.

Yep went and got an SD card reader. $40CDN for the Apple one. It works perfectly. Only thing I don’t like is removing that little card from the AC. Its a challenge to get it to pop out with my fingernail and then trying to grip it! May go and find a small pair of plastic tweezers to assist me.
I too had problems getting out without a tool until I realized there is a little groove across the top of the card. Once you have "popped" the card, but it is still mostly still in the slot, if you have any fingernail at all (not trimmed too close), you can pull it almost all the way out with your nail at which point it becomes pretty easy to grip with two fingers.

Here is a link you may find helpful: Micro SD Card Removal Tool | Phantom Help

I did not need such a tool for my P4. I was able to easily install/remove its SD Card with a fingernail. This M2P is different though. The angles seem all wrong when it comes to installing /removing the SD Card with a fingernail. This little tool is perfect and highly suggested.

Reactions: msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys