DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD U1 or U3?

dsmpampis

Reactions
I'm between the SanDisk Extreme 64gb and the Lexar 633x 64gb but I don't know which one is the best. I saw some reviews and they said that they are almost the same.
In my Mavic was a Panasonic 16gb HC I U3.
What is your opinion?
Thanks in advance!
b4faa59642a2335e7d543f5d0a70a836.jpg
2ed18b029730cf79feb43804be7e7048.png

Both well exceed the specs required by the Mavic. I'd go with the best deal and/or the memory card that can be shipped by a reputable seller the quickest.

Reactions: Rbruz
Both well exceed the specs required by the Mavic. I'd go with the best deal and/or the memory card that can be shipped by a reputable seller the quickest.

I can have both of them next day. The lexar costs 32€ and the sandisk 40€.

Didnt realize you are not in the usa, i got my extreme pro on amazon for 47$ usd i believe. It is the fastest of the micro sd cards according to a few lists of many cards i found when searching before i got my mavic.

Yes I know but here(Germany) it cost 52€(57$).

There should be no difference between the two in the Mavic. If you look at the back of the Extreme you'll see it has extra contacts that allow for faster reads/writes in a device that supports it, like the USB3 reader that comes with it.

Reactions: Rbruz and Daptone
Sandisk Extreme plus is the best 4k write speed
FWIW, this memory card is way overkill for the Mavic's 4K video. It is surely a fast memory card though.

you do not want the cards labeled UHS-2, these cards have extra pins to read faster but don't work well if the reader isn't UHS-2 capable. I had a go pro garble many videos and photos on a new UHS-2 card, returned it and went with Sandisk Extreme Plus, they work perfect every time.

Reactions: dsmpampis
I'm between the SanDisk Extreme 64gb and the Lexar 633x 64gb but I don't know which one is the best. I saw some reviews and they said that they are almost the same.
In my Mavic was a Panasonic 16gb HC I U3.
What is your opinion?
Thanks in advance!
b4faa59642a2335e7d543f5d0a70a836.jpg
2ed18b029730cf79feb43804be7e7048.png
I would go with the Lexar I bought the SanDisk 128 and it gets stuck in the Mavic. I have talked to a couple of people that have had problems with the San Disk getting stuck.

Sandisk Extreme plus is the best 4k write speed, you will have no frame loss. It's faster with 4k than extreme pro. Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

I think the extreme plus has the same writing speed with the extreme V30.
SanDisk Extreme 64 GB microSDXC Speicherkarte + SD-Adapter bis zu 90 MB/Sek, Class 10, U3 , V30, FFP SanDisk Extreme 64 GB microSDXC Speicherkarte +: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

I have had problems with Sandisk, Mavic complains about it.
Now keep with Lexar which for some reason is fine. Only use 16 GB and 32 GB cards. I get confused if too much stored on them.

Reactions: Marine0302G2/8
I use Sandisk U3 cards, they are cheap when you price match them at best buy. I would buy directly from amazon but have seen many fakes that have been sent out to customers (not amazons fault). With SD cards being soo cheap now I just buy them from best buy knowing they are real and just a nice tip, buy multiple smaller cards instead of one big one. That way after every couple of batteries you can swap in a fresh sd card so if anything were to happen you would still have some footage.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
Thanks a lot guys for the help. I just bought the Sandisk extreme 64gb V30.
1c8ff77970d695edcb2fa6e03d6cc0c5.jpeg

Your probably inserting it the wrong way if it's getting stuck...I haven't had an issue with any micro sd cards getting stuck in the mavic
I definitely inserted it correctly and then I could not get it to release to come back out. A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen. He thinks it's because they were counterfeit SD cards purchase of the internet on Amazon.

I'm using the Lexar with 128gb and it works ok too. I think that in the manual they only say to use 64gb max cards, but the 128gb is working just fine too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111