DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro USB vs USB Advantages/Disadvantages

Doug D

Reactions
Will using the standard USB RC connection on the bottom prevent RC from charging my phone. I find micro to micro drains my RC to quickly. TIA

But the advantage of using bottom USB is that you can charge the RC while flying using a USB battery on the side USB

Reactions: Doug D
My controller charges my Cell when plugged into the Bottom USB , but that’s cool because I use a usb to micro to charge the controller while I fly . ( plugged into the side) using a aux power pack or my DJI usb converter dingy. So basically I can fly for a very long time without worrying about my controller or Galaxy S8+ from going dead. I think I can do the same with my iPad mini 4 too. I’ll have to check that out next time I head out to fly.

The remote controller is not able to charge Apple devices.
But if I'm not mistaken, it does drain them--seems my iPhone 6s gets drained very quickly when plugged in to the side USB-c. Am I correct that the controller draws power form an iPhone?

But if I'm not mistaken, it does drain them--seems my iPhone 6s gets drained very quickly when plugged in to the side USB-c. Am I correct that the controller draws power form an iPhone?
No. This is just the phone draining appropriately for the heavy usage, it is not charging the controller.

Reactions: HiKen51
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini