DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Midwest road trip suggestions

I’m actually thinking of doing it in a couple weeks
We’re not doing so great money-wise since the virus....
But I’m figuring I need a real cheap road trip just to “ be” for a few days and take pictures and fly

I know all the small things($) can add up

but nothing like getting up early and driving and exploring
Just follow the rules and not taking off / landing inside a Nat Park. Many, many places typically close by that you can legally do so while going into the airspace. Do so discreetly as well - as I'm sure you can attract the anti-drone crowd if even remotely close.

Just doing a cursory look - if you can stay south of I-94 / Bus I-94 - you should be on public property and can take off and land. Hard to tell exactly how far the Badland's Overlook, Scoria Point Overlook, or Skyline Vista are inside the park - but you should be able to get some nice shots / video from jut the edge of Teddy Roosevelt NP.

Thanks guys.
I also love Lake Superior. Spent lots of time in the U.P.
So Duluth might be really cool
I’m going to research that and also apostle islands

it’s hard for me.... ( old guy)
My favorite stuff is driving and exploring... then find a local dive bar at night. I always found it’s great way to meet locals....
But I just don’t think that’s virus safe yet.
soon maybe
If you make your way to Duluth, keep going north. The entire north shore beyond Duluth is very scenic with quite a few rivers flowing into the lake along the main highway. Lutsen and Grand Maris are popular spots with Grand Maris being a great little tourist trap.

Northeast Iowa has some bluffs over the Mississippi River that would be a fun fly.

Yes, take a drive along the Mississippi up from Prarie du Chein towards twin cities either on the WI or MN side...a beautiful drive.

Along both sides of the missippi in MN and WI along the Maiden Rock area would be nice (just outdside of St. Paul, MN. Madora in North Dakota

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett