DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini’s expected lifting capacity?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was surprised to see on YouTube another DJI drone lift two and a half pounds of water in a jug.

Something tells me that the Mini’s not going to be quite so muscular, but I haven’t seen any estimates on this. Do we have any idea how much cargo it will be able to take up in the air with it? For some reason, DJI doesn’t seem to list this as a spec... [emoji6]

In particular, I was wondering if it might be able to haul around my Insta360 One 360-degree camera, which weighs 82 grams (2.9 ounces).

Thanks!

Ok, well, I went out in the dark and figured this out for myself.

CONFIRMED: The Mini will indeed lift the Insta360 One camera, and it will hover with it, though it sounds fairly unhappy about doing so.

Mounting the thing is going to be another issue. I tried the fishing-line mount that comes with the Insta360:

2ca0c7d4df223f87ee32efc0ed12785d.jpg

It all took off just fine, but the line got pretty tangled up in the propellers upon landing, and the Mini crashed from an altitude of about a foot. The fishing line came undone easily enough, but I’m not going to try it that way again. Any ideas on mounting?

OK, a possible guideline on lifting capacity from DJI’s page on the forthcoming ‘Snap Adapter’:

“The total combined weight of the Snap Adapter and payload should not exceed 30 g. “

just remember adding any load will have a knock on effect on many of the components in and part of the drone

just remember adding any load will have a knock on effect on many of the components in and part of the drone

Thank you. I expected to affect flight performance and handling and that kind of thing in the moment.

Does doing this create any long-term issues because of extra wear on the motors?

Reactions: old man mavic
Thank you. I expected to affect flight performance and handling and that kind of thing in the moment.

Does doing this create any long-term issues because of extra wear on the motors?
possibly as they will be working harder to stay aloft and also the ESCs and props as well

In addition you have to realise that ANY additional equipment such as prop guards, external camera or battery will make the take off weight exceed 250g and the craft will have to be registered etc.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007