DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Info about the Insta360 Sphere… Also: Could you add an onboard phone?

Finally managed to get insta to accept a return for refund after a lengthy few days of chat and video proof when the insta sphere goes on, within a few minutes the GPS drops from 26 down to around 9. After the video proof for them and they agreed there was an issue, offered to replace but no thanks.

If you can't hear any difference when the sphere is on, then your drone might be too noisy beforehand. I can't hear my air2s at all at 200m away. Yet with the sphere on I can still clearly hear it at 300m+. It literally sounds like 2 or 3 drones are next to me with it on during take off.

So glad it's gone back and I'm getting a refund.

Finally managed to get insta to accept a return for refund after a lengthy few days of chat and video proof when the insta sphere goes on, within a few minutes the GPS drops from 26 down to around 9. After the video proof for them and they agreed there was an issue, offered to replace but no thanks.

If you can't hear any difference when the sphere is on, then your drone might be too noisy beforehand. I can't hear my air2s at all at 200m away. Yet with the sphere on I can still clearly hear it at 300m+. It literally sounds like 2 or 3 drones are next to me with it on during take off.

So glad it's gone back and I'm getting a refund.
How long ago did you purchase it, and did you buy it directly from Insta360.com, who then ssued the refund?
After reading all the above, I think I'd rather return mine for a refund, too, than lose my Air 2S trying it out! I'm sure I can replicate your satellite results on the ground, as it is clearly a design defect, and not a one-off issue!

How long ago did you purchase it, and did you buy it directly from Insta360.com, who then ssued the refund?
After reading all the above, I think I'd rather return mine for a refund, too, than lose my Air 2S trying it out! I'm sure I can replicate your satellite results on the ground, as it is clearly a design defect, and not a one-off issue!
Within the last 28 days. Bought directly from insta's site and delt with support over their chat feature, went through about 5 different people overall to get it sorted over a couple of days. I offered to do a live stream to them for definitive proof that i wasn't trying to trick them into showing fake pics. Originally started the conversation with a request to return due to false advertising stating it was not supposed to affect GPS satellites when it does and the image quality is not at the stated quality. The whole proecc was fairly easy, just takes time and patience waiting for the support team in china to reply, does help emailing their ecommerce team aswell as I had the same guy help me who gave me 5% off the order and a free memory card as I originally wanted to cancel at first after seeing some actual real people review it who weren't affiliated/paid/co-ursed into supplying reviews missing out the real issues with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3