DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any word/speculation on an Insta360 Sphere for the Air 3?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Really enjoying my Air 3. The one thing I am really regretting leaving behind with my Air 2 is my Insta360 Sphere. Any thoughts on whether Insta360 is likely to update the Sphere for the new Air?

Really enjoying my Air 3. The one thing I am really regretting leaving behind with my Air 2 is my Insta360 Sphere. Any thoughts on whether Insta360 is likely to update the Sphere for the new Air?
Why not continue to use the Air 2 with your Insta360 Sphere? It is just a transport mechanism for an entirely different camera. None of the benefits of the Air 3 are usable by the Insta360 Sphere except the increased flight time.

Thank you! That’s an option I’ve considered. I guess I’m hoping to not have a closet full of different drone models, but maybe this is my fate.

More to the point, it’d be nice to be able to gift my Air 2 setup to a friend or family member instead of having it sit in the closet most of the time, and still have the 360º capability.

Also, the Air 3’s increased flight time really is something else. The Sphere (quite understandably) delivers a huge hit on the flight time of the Mavic Air 2; the flight tine of an Air 3 + a Sphere would likely be noticeably and usefully longer.

Reactions: dmiles119
Thank you! That’s an option I’ve considered. I guess I’m hoping to not have a closet full of different drone models, but maybe this is my fate.

More to the point, it’d be nice to be able to gift my Air 2 setup to a friend or family member instead of having it sit in the closet most of the time, and still have the 360º capability.

Also, the Air 3’s increased flight time really is something else. The Sphere (quite understandably) delivers a huge hit on the flight time of the Mavic Air 2; the flight tine of an Air 3 + a Sphere would likely be noticeably and usefully longer.
Maybe just rehome the Mavic Air 2 and the Sphere, with the right to borrow it back whenever the mood strikes?

The Sphere has major issues when used on the Air 2S because of blocking satellites. I doubt that they can overcome that on the Air 3. The Mavic Air 2 was the perfect drone for the Sphere because it lacked some of the sophistication that the attachment blocks in the newer drones.

If more flight time is needed, consider some of the aftermarket external battery attachments designed for the Air 2 and Air 2. Lots were made. Not sure if any would be also compatible with the Sphere, but it might be worth looking into.

Reactions: PeterPatrick
The Sphere has major issues when used on the Air 2S because of blocking satellites. I doubt that they can overcome that on the Air 3. The Mavic Air 2 was the perfect drone for the Sphere because it lacked some of the sophistication that the attachment blocks in the newer drones.
Interesting perspective on using the Air 2 vs the Air 2s. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping Insta360 come up with an RS 1-inch type version with an adjustable harness in the near future! 🙏🏼🤞🏼

Now that I think of it, if DJI were smart, they could create a Sphere 360 clone since they will already have the electronics (ie. GPS) all figured out. They could even enable monitoring via the remote controller & we would still be covered by DJI’s Care Refresh!

So maybe we won’t need a successor to the Sphere after all! 😂

Maybe just rehome the Mavic Air 2 and the Sphere, with the right to borrow it back whenever the mood strikes?

If more flight time is needed, consider some of the aftermarket external battery attachments designed for the Air 2 and Air 2. Lots were made. Not sure if any would be also compatible with the Sphere, but it might be worth looking into.
One other benefit of the Air 2s over the Air 3 is the ability to use Litchi. I've discovered that the blocked satelites issues that occur using Dji Fly do not happen when using Litchi. I don't know why this is, but overall satelite acquisition and landing accuracy for the Air 2S with Litchi is significantly improved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4