DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 and Android S8 quick transfer problem?

Old Man

Reactions
The drone flys perfectly. The Go Fly app works great. But when I try to use quick transfer, it asks for the wifi password? I have no idea why this happens? Can anyone help me out. So far I pull the sandisk and get pictures off it that way to my older android tablet. I contacted dji support and they just referred me to the manual which I've tried a bunch of times. Each time the phone sees the mini 2 and when i say connect it asks for drone password.

The drone flys perfectly. The Go Fly app works great. But when I try to use quick transfer, it asks for the wifi password? I have no idea why this happens? Can anyone help me out. So far I pull the sandisk and get pictures off it that way to my older android tablet. I contacted dji support and they just referred me to the manual which I've tried a bunch of times. Each time the phone sees the mini 2 and when i say connect it asks for drone password.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Have you entered you WiFi password?

Hi Old Man Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
I always use the SD card to transfer the files so can’t help with your problem but I assume it wants your home WiFi password.

Reactions: Thomas B
I believe the quick transfer is accomplished with the AC being a wifi hotspot and the phone connects to it.

So you would need to know the AC's WI-FI password.

But is that an MM2 feature or only an MA2 Feature?

Mini2 does quick transfer but doesn't require a wifi password, it's done through the RC.

You're connected to the RC, with it and the aircraft on and connected, right?

Last edited:
MM2 does support Quick Transfer it is in
Pages 14-15 of latest user manual.

A footnote about QT:
When using QuickTransfer, it is not necessary to enter the Wi-Fi password on the settings page of the
mobile device in order to connect. After switching the aircraft to QuickTransfer, launch DJI Fly and a
prompt will appear to connect the aircraft.

I had trouble with my s8 and it turned out you need both WiFi and Bluetooth turned on. Once you have done that and pressed the button on the drone you get the popup to connect.

Mini2 does quick transfer but doesn't require a wifi password, it's done through the RC.

You're connected to the RC, with it and the aircraft on and connected, right?
The manual says you don't need to connect the RC. Just turn phone wifi on and blue tooth on. And the mini 2 will connect through its built in bluetooth. I'm still pulling the sd card to get the pictures. But want to use the quick transfer built into the mini 2.

MM2 does support Quick Transfer it is in
Pages 14-15 of latest user manual.

A footnote about QT:
When using QuickTransfer, it is not necessary to enter the Wi-Fi password on the settings page of the
mobile device in order to connect. After switching the aircraft to QuickTransfer, launch DJI Fly and a
prompt will appear to connect the aircraft.
The prompt appears but will not connect. I've done it 20 times I bet. And it keeps telling me to restart the drone and try again. So I pull the sd card which is a hard thing to do each time and reinstall it to my phone. All android S8. Then email photos to my android tablet. To slow and time consuming. Really wanted quick transfer to work. Oh well!?

You could get a card reader designed for the tablet (same USB form factor and configured for OTG).

You could get a card reader designed for the tablet (same USB form factor and configured for OTG).
Same problem! I don't want to pull the sd card. If I pull it I just put in in my tablet. I want to find a way to use the quick transfer if I can. It worked once flawlessly now it won't work. That's the problem. I was hoping someone knew the problem.

Did you try on android go to wifi settings advanced wifi ....switch to mobile data on......no wifi password or bluetooth password
Thank you my friend. Next time I can fly and take pictures I will try this. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20210125170202_IMG_1858.JPG
    20210125170202_IMG_1858.JPG
    653.4 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14