DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Batteries won't discharge

The Minis do not have Lithium polymer (lypo) batteries. That’s is why the mini 1 doesn’t have an auto discharge system like most other DjI drones. The minis have lithium-Ion batteries. They are not as robust as Lypo, but like the battery in your phone they can withstand more random charging and discharging. It is recommended that you discharge them from time to time but it is not necessary to discharge them after only a few days like it would be for other DJI drones which have lithium Polymer batteries.

Reactions: Geeforce
I have a Mini 2 since last November. Heard about the self discharge function and thought weird that mine left on the drone and the hub never discharged even after a few weeks.

This intrigued me even more when I got a Mavic Air 2 and those batteries discharged even the one left on the drone.

So this week I found a video on youtube specific about this Mini 2 problem and advising to leave batteries out of hub and drone if you want them do discharge. I did it and can confirm that the batteries indeed have a self-discharge function but have to be out of the drone or hub wich is not very convenient. Hope Dji can fix this.

The Minis do not have Lithium polymer (lypo) batteries. That’s is why the mini 1 doesn’t have an auto discharge system like most other DjI drones. The minis have lithium-Ion batteries. They are not as robust as Lypo, but like the battery in your phone they can withstand more random charging and discharging. It is recommended that you discharge them from time to time but it is not necessary to discharge them after only a few days like it would be for other DJI drones which have lithium Polymer batteries.
Sorry to correct you, but the Mini 2 HAS LiPo batteries! Just the Mini 1 has lithium-ion batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato