DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 battery question

Ricky D

Reactions
Hi guys just wondering how to word my question hopefully I do all right so if I fly my Mini 2 and the battery discharges down to a low percentage and I know I have to store them between 50 to 75% do I have to recharge them to 100% And then discharged them to store or can I just charge them up to 50 to 75% every time just wondering if I should recharge them fully after the flight or will it hurt them just to charge it back to 50 to 75%

Like Captain KO said you can just charge directly to 2 solid or 2 solid and the third blinking. If you have multiple batteries Hanatora makes a nice multicharger for $40us that does so in parallel so you could plug up to 4 your phone and the controller in at the same time and then just keep an eye on things all at once. Just set a timer on your phone for say 20 - 30 minutes, depending on how low you ran the batteries while flying, and unplug them. Then when it's time to fly again you can have all of your batteries ready in about the same time than it takes for just 1 battery to top off normally.

Like Captain KO said you can just charge directly to 2 solid or 2 solid and the third blinking. If you have multiple batteries Hanatora makes a nice multicharger for $40us that does so in parallel so you could plug up to 4 your phone and the controller in at the same time and then just keep an eye on things all at once. Just set a timer on your phone for say 20 - 30 minutes, depending on how low you ran the batteries while flying, and unplug them. Then when it's time to fly again you can have all of your batteries ready in about the same time than it takes for just 1 battery to top off normally.
It's annoying that DJI's battery charger only charges sequentially. What's worse, it will always top off the highest charged battery before moving to the next. Meaning It's waisting a lot of time charging the last 20% of a battery to reach 100% while the other 2 discharged batteries stay discharged. If only there was an option to stop charging batteries in the DJI charger once they reach 80 or 90%. I don't like to charge them to 100%, but it's a headache to babysit the charger and start pulling batteries out when I think it's close to 90%.

In other news, I always just leave my batteries discharged after my flights (meaning somewhere between 15-30%), and only charge them when I think I will fly next. I read LIPO's should not be stored at 100% charge, so that's why I avoid recharging my batteries after flying, but how bad is it to store them at 15-30%? And by store, I mean a few weeks at most. If I was not planning to fly for months, I would take the time to bring them all to 50% SOC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato