DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 - Best Add-Ons for Christmas?

Captain Spock

Reactions
December 25th is upon us. I'd appreciate any recommendations on mini 2 add-ons for my wish list. I already have a hard case, 3-battery charger, controller shade, landing skids, and landing pad target. Thanks!

You could consider a gimbal/lens hood, serves 3 purposes, provides gimbal protection in case of crash, definitely cuts down on lens flare and elevates the front body by about 7mm when on level surface. It weighs in at 4.5 gram and attach same way as the gimbal cover. It is the only after market gadget I never fly without. I have the one left in picture, it affords the slight elevation due to the 2 'fins' at the bottom.

Attachments

• Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Captain Spock
How about the Yx Intelligent Battery Charger? It can charge 4 batteries in 70 minutes and has an LCD screen to display the status of each battery.

1669945112508.png

Do you already have the DJI hub? If speed or knowing the exact battery level isn't necessary, then maybe just keep using the hub instead.

Last edited:
Is there any restriction in photos or videos of images using the gimbal hood? I have also been considering Night Time Strobe and a smart battery charger. The manual for the Mini 2, it mentions that the batteries should take approximately four hours to fully charge. 70 minutes looks like a winner.

The manual for the Mini 2, it mentions that the batteries should take approximately four hours to fully charge. 70 minutes looks like a winner.
That's because DJI battery chargers do not charge batteries in parallel. Yx has been making parallel DJI battery chargers for some time now. They consistently have good user reviews.

Reactions: Captain Spock
You could consider a gimbal/lens hood, serves 3 purposes, provides gimbal protection in case of crash, definitely cuts down on lens flare and elevates the front body by about 7mm when on level surface. It weighs in at 4.5 gram and attach same way as the gimbal cover. It is the only after market gadget I never fly without. I have the one left in picture, it affords the slight elevation due to the 2 'fins' at the bottom.
thanks for the recommendation

I noticed two charging modes on the Yx IBC.
100% charging batteries to full
and 60% storage charging mode
for long-term storage.
This should extend the life of batteries. Right?

How about the Yx Intelligent Battery Charger? It can charge 4 batteries in 70 minutes and has an LCD screen to display the status of each battery.

View attachment 157813

Do you already have the DJI hub? If speed or knowing the exact battery level isn't necessary, then maybe just keep using the hub instead.
msinger: yes I already have a hub, but your suggestion sounds really nice! TY!

Derek ZA: what company produces those?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato